No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Sharepoint Workspace

This question is answered This question is answered
When I double click on a pdf in a sharepoint workspace directory nothing happens.  I know that the file has been downloaded.  Office files open fine.
Verified Answer
  • Hi John,

Please check if there is icon as below screenshot before the pdf file. If not, the file wasn’t downloaded. You can click the “Check Out” icon, and then open it again to check the issue.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello

please check if you see a "square' icon just at left on the filename

if this is shown, that's means the file is not downloaded and not available offline

can you also try to open the PDF file from the SharePOint site through the web site (you will have to save it before opening); it may be corrupted

• Hi John,

Please check if there is icon as below screenshot before the pdf file. If not, the file wasn’t downloaded. You can click the “Check Out” icon, and then open it again to check the issue.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi John,

Does the reply above answer your question? I would like to know if you need further assistance. Thanks for taking time to reply in advance.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• I am experiencing the same kind of issue. I is like sharepoint Workspace was doing a check with the server before allowing you to open it.

May be it takes time because of you network access

• Hi Jean-Christophe,

Thank you sharing your experience.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum. This is so your question will be answered quickly.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong