No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Downloading Office Professional Plus for Mac

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello.

I am a new user to Office365, and am having problems installing Office Professional Plus on my Macbook Pro. I may be doing my usual and not reading the documentation correctly, but I have tried to find more infomation on the Forums, but am having no luck.

I do not have a previously installed version of Office for Mac or any Microsoft or Office software. To instal Office Professional Plus do I require a fully purchased version of Office for Mac or can I simply download the trial version available from http://www.microsoft.com/mac

I hope my issue is clear enough to understand.

Regards

Florian Drake

Verified Answer
  • Hello Florian,

The Office Pro Plus that you get from Office 365 is meant for PC systems only.  You'll need to purchase the Mac version if you'd like to use that on your Mac system.

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Florian,

The Office Pro Plus that you get from Office 365 is meant for PC systems only.  You'll need to purchase the Mac version if you'd like to use that on your Mac system.

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Thank you.

Florian

• I was given to understand that as we were paying for the E3 for our users that our mac users were entitled to  the version of Office for Macs just as our Windows users are entitled to a copy off office 2010 - are yo0u saying this is not the case?  

• E3 Subscription include Office for Mac.

Where can we download the Office for Mac Image (not the updates avaliable on the macoffice website)

We need the Complete New image

• Harvard unfortunately the E3 subscription only implies that it includes a downloadable copy of Office for Mac - in reality it doesn't, covering PC only.  You'll typically discover this after purchase - as it's not made clear before purchase.

Will