No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

• This post has 5 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • I keep getting mail failures with emails out of outlook.  When I try to open the properties to the contact I get this error.

Access is denied.

The Active Directory resource couldn't be accessed. This may be because the Active Directory object doesn't exist or the object has become corrupted, or because you don't have the correct permissions. 

Does anyone have a fix?

Here is the email--------------------------------------

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

'Rahman, Shakeel M.'

The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: abacointl.onmicrosoft.com

IMCEAEX-H@namprd08.prod.outlook.com

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from SN2PRD0802MB109.namprd08.prod.outlook.com ([169.254.2.72]) by

SN2PRD0802HT009.namprd08.prod.outlook.com ([10.27.84.95]) with mapi id

14.01.0225.067; Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:31:15 +0000

Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary

To: "'Rahman, Shakeel M.'" <IMCEAEX-H@namprd08.prod.outlook.com>

Subject: test2

Thread-Topic: test2

Thread-Index: AcxssmHWnKx6KeIfRwK49/s6L1Sbcg==

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:31:14 +0000

Message-ID: <3FE0135A6A3FE5409BFF4F6E47180208C3EFDD@SN2PRD0802MB109.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>

Accept-Language: en-US

Content-Language: en-US

X-MS-Has-Attach: yes

X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <3FE0135A6A3FE5409BFF4F6E47180208C3EFDD@SN2PRD0802MB109.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Originating-IP: [10.27.84.8]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 out of 5 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Jon,

This sort of problem can sometimes crop up due to damaged autocomplete entries.  Can you remove your autocomplete entries for Outlook and try sending a test message?  You should be able to remove them with Outlook itself, or you can delete the .NK2 files that Outlook keeps for those files.

• It works great if I just type in the address.  So where do I delete the .NK2

• Hello Jon,

That confirms that it's the autocomplete entries that are causing your problem.  You can use these instructions to remove them:

support.microsoft.com/.../287623

• That did fix half of the issues.  I still have an issue when they reply to an old email.  Is there any way to resolve this issue?

• Hello Jon,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to easily fix that one.  I believe that when you reply to the old message you can manually delete and re-type the email address in question and that'll fix the message thereafter, but this is one of the drawbacks inherent in a pst migration.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)