No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Have questions about using the Office 2010 suite? Join answers.microsoft.com

• 4 Followers
  • 26 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
If you're an Office Professional Plus subscriber and have questions about using the Office 2010 suite, you can peruse or join the Office 2010 forum at answers.microsoft.com. 

1 out of 5 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 65
All Replies
  • Hi Darryl,

Can you briefly discuss how office 2010 plus is supported by the service request system? I'm having some problems with office 2010 but when I open tickets it's like I'm being round-robin to different groups. Is the workflow possible wrong?  Also, when the techs answer they give me this standard reply and close my ticket.

Unfortunately, this is outside of our scope of support and would best be handled by our Office support team at 866-452-4755. Their hours are M-F 5AM-9PM, Sa-Su 6AM-3PM PST. If this does answer your question and there are no further concerns surrounding this request, please reply to this email and let me know, I will archive this service request as resolved.

I will visit and open a new ticket at answers.microsoft.com but I would like to understand how the service request system handles office 2010 requests.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • Here is a screenshot to start our discussion:

jumbofiles.com/.../o365_service-request_question.png.html

1. The red is the Office 365 for Office Pro Plus

2. The green is the options for support

- Activate, Setup, Deploy

- Outlook

- Installing Updates

Are these the only things we can expect to be supported through the Service Request system?

Can an "Other" field be added that when selected auto generates a email to the user with this:

Unfortunately, this is outside of our scope of support and would best be handled by our Office support team at 866-452-4755. Their hours are M-F 5AM-9PM, Sa-Su 6AM-3PM PST. If this does answer your question and there are no further concerns surrounding this request, please reply to this email and let me know, I will archive this service request as resolved.

This would be much nicer than wasting calls(on a saturday) and time(3 days to reply) telling me something that could have been auto-replied in a few seconds.

Also, is this number to free support or paid support?

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • Also, when we buy office pro plus in Office 365 do we get support with this or do we have to buy paid support somewhere else? This week I've learned so much about office 365.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Residentx10,

Sorry the answers to these issues were not made clear to you up front.

Also sorry to pass the baton, but I have to forward your questions to Microsoft Online Services who can better answer you.

Also, I recommend that you post these questions on the following Office forums:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/officeitpro/threads

and

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/officesetupdeploy/threads

These forums are moderated and visited by IT Pros who I'm sure have had similar experiences.

I hope this will help you,

Darryl 

• Not Ranked
  • Not as sorry as I am, Darryl...

What is the role of the Office 365 community mods? You give contradictory advice at every turn.

Here you gave advice to go here:  community.office365.com/.../10404.aspx

I've opened cases here and I get told to post somewhere else

None of these places get me solutions. I just spend my time reading...

I don't feel the advice you gave above is relevant. I want a defined position on office 2010 support with Office 365. I have a technical problem and I need a fix not a "community"

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hey Res, Sorry again, but I'm only the messenger and the message was not contradictory. You were posting on the General Office Professional Plus forum, which is primarily for information workers. Both that forum and the answers.microsoft.com forum are primarily for questions by information workers, not by system admins or other IT pros. For this audience, I suggest you visit the Office professional plus administration forum where I directed readers to the Office 2010 Pro forums on TechNet.

I realize this is not the ultimate solution you're looking for, and that the system needs to improve. I sent your questions on the Microsoft Online Services - I'm confident they can help you.

They'll either post a reply on this forum and/or get back to me and I'll post their reply.

Darryl

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Res,

I was just told "MSOL Support can only support admins based on issues with Office Pro Plus installation, deployment, and activations. All other application issues must go through Office support which is a pay service." The number above is correct: 866-452-4755.

Darryl  

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • I'm the admin for my account and I still get the above message. I know you not intentionally giving me the runaround. These products are complex and some issues I'm sure you don't want to get involved with...like this one.

I was just mad the other day. I'll go to the IT/dev site you listed.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • I'm truly sorry this has been a complex issue - it should not be that way. Office 365 as well as other cloud-based offerings are new, and product support for them needs to improve by becoming more easily available and user friendly. If it's any consolation, your frustrations have not gone unnoticed and better solutions are being worked on internally for Office 15. I'm just sorry a better solution isn't available for you right now. I hope this gets resolved for you soon.  

Darryl

• Not Ranked
  • It's progress...

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • I did not know about the forum.

I just wanted to know if Office 365 will work entirely with Office Professional 2010 and include Lync with a paid monthly subscription of Office 365? if I purchase Office Professional 2010 without subscribibg to a license to buy OfficeProfessional Pro Plus. I only need Outlook 2010, but I may buy the Offcie professional 2010 from i.e Lenovo Tablet computer deal.

• Not Ranked
  • I'm using it that way now. You can edit files and upload them back but you can't create web services on Office365(word, excel, access, infopath, visio, onenote, and publisher, etc.) without a sub.
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Residentx10,

Thanks for letting me know about the apps you cannot use on Office 365.  I'm thinking that for the meantime, I probably will not get Office professional 2010, nor Plus.

Would you know if the Web Apps without Plus will work, including the Outlook Web App.

I'm still on the Trial version, and I didn't download Office professional Plus.

Thanks, if you know about this as well.

Rob

• Not Ranked
  • You can use these apps but you need an office 365 office 2010 sub to make it work beautifully. Owa is part of Exchange and is free.  Office plus is free with the E3 plan. Office 365 E3 is cheaper than if you bought each separately. Do the math and see for yourself. The product works great but you need to plan the deployment.
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Male
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1|2|