No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

When Can I Download Office 2013?

• 20 Followers
  • 38 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I note that, as of this morning on January 29, on the Microsoft Store, Office Professional 2013 can now be purchased. When can I, using my E3 plan, download Office 2013?

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 65
Verified Answer
  • Hi Diff,

Office 2013 Pro Plus in Office 365 service upgrade (the next release of Office 365) can be installed and activated on 5 different machines. If you'd like to deploy Office 2013 to all users in your organization, I recommend you wait until Office 365 has been upgraded.

For efficient support, if you need more assistance, please post a new separate thread, our engineer will support you there.

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • I'm wondering the same thing. I read that the new business plans for Office 365 will be available on February 27, so I'm guessing that's when Office 2013 will be available to existing Enterprise customers.

www.zdnet.com/microsoft-wont-deliver-office-365-updates-for-new-business-users-until-february-7000010492

• Not Ranked
  • Thank you Ryan. This is disappointing news. Especially since the retail version of Office Professional 2013 is available now. I was hoping that Microsoft would act in a similar manner to Adobe where users who subscribe to their cloud service receive more timely updates. Put differently, Adobe provides preferential service to cloud service members.

I bought a new Windows 8 personal computer. I was hoping that I could install fresh and current Office software and be good for 12 to 18 months before I reinstalled everything from scratch again. I like that new personal computer feeling.

Rather than installing everything today as hoped, I plan to fire up my new PC for the first time and install Windows Media, while it is still free. For those interested, please see here:

m.cnet.com/.../57540793

I hope they don't start rolling out on February 27. Instead, I hope they are ready to go live on February 27 or before.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Stecyk and Ryan,

Currently, Office 365 E3 plan only can download Office professional plus 2010. But Office 365 service upgrade (the next lease of Office 365) will contain Office professional plus 2013.

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan
    • Top 25 Contributor
  • Ryan, what does it mean "the next lease of Office 365"?  Does that mean when our plan goes into renewal?  I received an email twice about being chosen for an early upgrade but I have yet to see one.  When should that happen?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Aaron,

Can you please provide us with a schedule as to when you expect everyone or all plans to migrate to Office 2013?

I thought one of the key benefits of having a subscription plan is that we would have the opportunity to remain current.

If there is a roll-out procedure, how do those who want Office 2013 now move toward the front-of-the-line?

Stecyk

• Not Ranked
  • /and for P1?

• Not Ranked
  • The "when" question really shouldn't be this hard. Somebody knows, clue us in.

• Not Ranked
  • This is amazing to me.  I was sold on the value proposition of Office 365 being "always current".  Now I see 2013 being sold in Best Buy, but absolutely no word about when people who actually bought into this whole 365 idea early will be taken care of.  

Our small company subscribes to P1 with Office Professional Plus.  Without a doubt anyone with Office Professional Plus or any other plan that includes the Office software should have been the FIRST to learn about this and have it available.  All we get are fuzzy/vague/non-specific answers in our forum.  

• Not Ranked
  • I agree with Verus - we're paying all this money, Why isn't the Office 2013 upgrade available NOW for those who want it? Aaron ,do you feel it's acceptable to ignore loyal customers? We're spending a lot of money and want answers - why should I pay the same amount as those users who are now using an upgraded version of the software? Will I be getting a discount over the next few months to compensate for this?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Stecyk,

Microsoft will be rolling out the service upgrade over the course of 2013, and it is completely automated.

For details, please refer to the link below:

Office 365 Service Upgrade Center for Enterprise
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/wikis/office_365_service_updates/office-365-service-upgrade-center-for-enterprise.aspx

Office 365 Service Upgrade Center for Small Business
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/wikis/office_365_service_updates/office-365-service-upgrade-center-for-small-business.aspx

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan
    • Top 25 Contributor
  • Seriously?  "Sometime in 2013?"  

• Not Ranked
  • This solution of sometime in 2013 is unacceptable. A key premise in subscribing to a service is that we would be kept current.

Your customers deserve much better.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Aaron

This is not acceptable! Users with 2013 will clearly be getting a high level of service with more sophisticated software for the same price.

What discounts will be given to those who are not upgraded until the 3rd or maybe 4th quarter of 2013?

Please give us a clear answer and stop feeding us the same answer over and over. We are paying a lot of money for office365 - do you feel it's acceptable that new users have access to the new software and current loyal customers are left waiting?

• Not Ranked
  • Microsoft seem to assume that we don't particularly mind that we're kept in the dark over such matters. Anxiety and uncertainty are just human feelings, after all.

They'll open the door to a bright new world when they feel we're ready for it.  We'll be lucky if we hear the doorknob rattling before the event.

Pete
    P1 account holder - small fish in a big cloud...

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Just one more outraged voice against the way MS treats those of us who have been paying all along for something we may not get for months to come. If I had know how this would work I would have saved money and waited for the release date and bought then.

Is MS really trying to alienate even its most loyal customers?

• Not Ranked
  • I have spent several hours looking for the answer to this myself. Not only is the fact that this information is not clearly presented extremely frustrating, but now the answer that is coming out is completely unacceptable.   I currently pay $6 per month for email and $15 per month for Office Professional Plus.  That is $21 per month or $252 per year.   Now, this same package is available for about $100 less per year.  But, there is no way to move to this new package?  Further, there is now way to even get an UPGRADE to the newest version of Office for what I'm currently paying?  Really?  Come on Microsoft.  I've paid you hundreds of dollars over the last 2 years.  You are now going to alienate me/us from your newest software?  How will we "unleash our best ideas" as your tag line so claims!?!  

Ridiculous.  I sure hope someone from Microsoft is actually reading these posts and all of their disappointed customers who actually "bought" into the idea of subscription models to begin with.  

• Not Ranked
  • I agree with the other posters. A vague answer of "sometime in 2013" is simply unacceptable. I purchased a subscription to the E3/Enterprise plan under the impression that I would always have access to the latest version of Office. I believe some sort of explanation or compensation from Microsoft is in order, especially if we're going to have to wait until the end of 2013.

• Not Ranked
  • Marketing 101: don't launch a new product before telling existing customers how they'll be affected.

When ARE we going to know?

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/146/p/82017/321164.aspx#321164 

webbrewers | Easy to use sites | Low/no cost hosting
    • Top 10 Contributor
  • I'm really intrigued as to why some support staff here are advising people to use the preview O365 on order to get their hands on Office 2013. It really hasn't occurred to them that the vast majority of us are in PRODUCTION using REAL WORLD systems that we can't afford to throw away when Office 2013 finally decides to turn up...

Pete
    P1 account holder - small fish in a big cloud...

• Top 500 Contributor
  • My personal favorite in this is that us "early adopters" are getting screwed. If you just waited until the end of February to join Office 365, you would get Office 2013 at sign up. Those of use that signed up early and bought into the "always current" sales pitch get to wait for months to be "always current." Of course this is par for the MS course. Timelines are rarely met. Launches are missed but we should just take it. Get the new sales in and stick it to the current customer.

• Not Ranked
  • This is an invitation to a class action lawsuit if I ever saw one.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi All,

For details about Office 365 service upgrade, please refer to the links below:

Office 365 Service Upgrade Center for Enterprise
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/wikis/office_365_service_updates/office-365-service-upgrade-center-for-enterprise.aspx

Office 365 Service Upgrade Center for Small Business
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/wikis/office_365_service_updates/office-365-service-upgrade-center-for-small-business.aspx

In addition, I suggest you submit a feedback via the following link. Your comments and suggestions will help us improve our service.
    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft%20%20Online%20%20Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan
    • Top 25 Contributor
  • Well I did submit "feedback" but why not just simply change the policy and reward those of us who have been paying for this all along?

• Not Ranked
  • reward those of us who have been paying for this all along?

I don't view it as a "reward" - getting "seamless upgrades to the latest versions of the software" is part of the service description. And it's currently not being fulfilled.

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi,

If any of you took the seconds it takes to go look, you would see the only version of Office 365 that can be purchased on the website to day is what we are already running. The only new plan that can be purchased from another site, is the familt plan, which does not have sharepoint or many of the other features we get, it also does not include Office Pro Plus.

upgrading the number of servers, and the amount of data that Office 365 has is not a simple 1 hour task, it takes time, and as they have said once they start, you will get an email when yours is ready.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Actually Robert if you read the entire string you will see that people are upset about two things. First, we were sold that the software would be "always current" but as of today, the current software is available at retail but not to the very customers that were sold on it being "always current." The second issue is that MS has already announced that Small Business Premium is available to new signups starting Feb 27th but told current subscribers that we will be upgraded "sometime this year." That tells me that, yet again, MS is failing to meet their marketing pitch of "always current". In fact, a large number of subscribers won't be "always current."

I didn't tell MS when to roll out new software and I didn't tell them when to upgrade. They had the option of holding off on the Office 2013 launch until mid year after they upgraded everyone they promised to keep current (like their Office 365 subscriber base). Instead they may the decision they always seem to make. Stick it to the current customer and go for the new. It doesn't matter what we sold them on in the past.

• Not Ranked
  • As soon as Office Professional Plus 2013 was made available on my Technet subscription my Office 365 account worked for enabling the license.  I understand that the back end upgrade to Exchange and SharePoint 2013 takes time, but all everyone here is asking for is essentially an updated link on the subscriber downloads page to use the newest version of Office.  As a re seller I have to try to explain this logic to clients which is almost as infuriating as being one of  those clients who was promised these upgrades as soon as they became available.

• Not Ranked
  • I’m not sure how helpful this for everyone, but after much frustration, I was successfully able to update O365 Office Pro Plus 2010 to 2013 without any special invitations from MS or settings in the admin portal.  

I downloaded and installed the trial version, opened Word (or excel…) and selected the account link in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  From there you are given the option to convert to a full version by selecting Sign In.  I provided my O365 username and password, once I restarted the program everything appeared to be appropriately activated.

Not the seamless update MS was touting, but it’s an option…

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Aaron,

I have a question, my company has been on an Enterprise Agreement for a couple of years now and have recently subscribed to the Office 365 E3 plan, my question is as my portal login gives office 2013 professional plus for download, can I go ahead and deploy it to all my users not waiting for the Office 365 business roll out of Office 2013?? In other words will i be compliant with regard to licensing??

I hope my question is clear to you, I just need to roll out office 365 and roll out office 2013 at the same time and finish off.

I'm currently in the process of migration please advice asap.

Thanks

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Diff,

If you have Office 2013 installed on your computer and have corresponding license to use it, there is no problem to connect with Office 365 Exchange online. In this case, no need to wait for the upgrade for Office 365 coming.

For efficient support, if you need more assistance, please post a new separate thread, our engineer will support you there.

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan
    • Top 25 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Aaron,

Im sorry but its still not clear, my point is I have subscribed to Office 365 E3 plan, can I use any Office 2013 pro plus copy and install even though its currently not released for business users.

My Users are on Office 2003, I need to do this deployment one time, since I've already paid for the subscription can I go ahead and deploy office 2013 without any license or compliance / software issues.

I dont want to double work cause I have 2000 odd users and I dont have a tool to easily deploy software.

clarifications needed

1. Can I Download office 2013 from somewhere (e.g my old portal login) and deploy it to my users by doing this what is the problem if any

2. Will I be found against license compliance if i do so

3. Is the office 2013 going to be made available by the office 365 portal going to be any different than the office 2013 pro plus i've downloaded from my old EA portal login??

4. If the same will i be able to ue th same kms or mak key given in the portal to activate?

5. Would i have to reinstall the deployed office 2013 pro plus with the office 365 portal downloaded version once its released.

Please help asap as im in the middle of deployment, thank you for the prompt reply

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Diff,

You can download Office 365 ProPlus from Office 365 preview tenant or Office 365 service upgrade. It cannot be downloaded from Office 365 portal. If you have Office 2013 pro plus license, you do not need to download Office 365 pro plus. They are just different activate methods and license. You can refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982959.aspx

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Jhonny,

Thank you for the reply, so since they are just different activation methods, I can use the Office 2013 Pro Plus copy I have and install and license using my EA portal MAK or KMS key, will be in compliance for the Office 365 E3 license right.

In other words I could use it on 5 different machines for the same user and so on under the Office 365 E3 License right??

Office 365 Ofiice 2013 offering which is not yet provided will be activated using the cloud and not through a key i believe, this will have no effect in any way for my licensing compliance right.

I am sorry for going on about it, as you would have read my earlier 2 posts you I'm sure would understand my concern, appreciate if you could give me an yes or no answer to my questions.

Thank you

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Diff,

Office 2013 Pro Plus in Office 365 service upgrade (the next release of Office 365) can be installed and activated on 5 different machines. If you'd like to deploy Office 2013 to all users in your organization, I recommend you wait until Office 365 has been upgraded.

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Diff,

For you and all the others who can't wait, and feel you are being short changed, go ahead an install it. BUT when you find out many things don't work because it was designed to be used with Sharepoint 2013, Azure and other things that the current version of Office 365 does not have, please do not post on here about those problems. If you do quick search, you will already find a number of people who have added Access 2013, and found that out.

On February 27th when the next version of Office 365 launches, then by almeans upgrade. BTW no body is getting it before you, fot those who think they are, yes you can buy it at Best Buy, and the folks who do may also be buying local copies of Sharepoint 2013 to go with it, but the online versions have not yet been released.

Hope this helps

Robert

• Top 50 Contributor
  • It's worth noting the next group of Office 2013 may release on 2/27, but that doesn't mean your Office 365 account is going to be upgraded then. That's still scheduled for "sometime in 2013" so no matter what you do with Office 2013, it still won't be compatible with your Office 365 Sharepoint etc until that happens. That's really what people are grousing about.

It seems to me much of the confusion surrounding the release of Office 2013 comes from MSFT deciding to brand the subscription model for Office as "Office 365". That's all the products being released now are: subscriptions to desktop versions of (Office 365) Office 2013. They are useless to people currently using the Office 365 ONLINE service until such time as the server software their Office 365 accounts run on is updated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Even though this really doesn't answer my question, I am going to mark it as "answered." The reality is that many of us expected to migrate to Office 2013 as soon as it became commonly available. Although it is now commonly available through retail outlets, we have come to learn that we Office 365 users will be upgraded sometime in 2013. While this is a disappointing development, it is what it is.

I have written here in the forums, sent in a service request and made a phone call, all to no avail.

I did, however, have some offline correspondence with a Microsoft Manager. I provided him with my concerns.

So with that, it's time to end this thread.

• Not Ranked
  • I agree with you completely.  I'm upset that Office 2013 Home Premium is available right now for $99 per year for up to 5 pcs, but with my Office 365 plan, I'm paying $15 a month for "Professional Plus" per license and only getting Office 2010.  For one user. At an annual rate of $180.  

Guess I will just close my Office 365 account RIGHT NOW. Way to alienate your users, Microsoft...

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1|2|3|