Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
OK, so I am in the "no help zone" via the Office 365 portal ticket system. Case [removed by moderator].
Created new AD account for new employee Stanley Stone. Synced properly to Office 365 and assigned E3 license. Worked fine like it always does. As we put the user through training, he siad he goes by Stan, not Stanley, so we need to change his name. Changed it in AD as we always do and synced to Office 365. After 24 hours, noticed that his exchange alias identifier and display name in GAB still showed Stanley although everythign else looked OK and display name was showing correctly both in AD and in Office 365 USer accounts. His account still worked at this point. However, I wanted to make sure everythign was perfect, so I removed his license and deleted his AD account. After waiting for 15 min, I recreated his accoutn again. Everything works fine (Lync and OWa) except for connecting via Outlook client. It will not accept credentials. SOoI used testexchangeconnectivity site and it fails there as well.
I assume there is some mix up because I removed the account and mailbox and then recreated it again. So how do I get Microsoft to fix this as it isn't a local issue I can take care of?
Thanks for the feedback.
From the service request information provided, I found that the issue has been resolved.
In this case, we can use PowerShell to find the object ids and restore the mailboxes. Once we restored the two mailboxes using the object Ids we were configured the Outlook profile and authenticated.
1. Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | fl
2. Restore-MsolUser -NewUserPrincipalName newUPN -ObjectId ObjectID -AutoReconcileProxyConflicts
Object ID can be found at first command
3. Re-create Outlook Profile
In addition, if you need other assistance about using Office 365, please feel free to post it in a new thread in the forum. This is so your question will be answered quickly.
I'm having the exaxt same problem and been working with Microsoft for the last 2 days and they haven't been able to resolve. I've been working with tech support out of Indian and they've been cluesless and refuse to transfer me to the USA.
Happy I am not alone, but then again, unhappy because I have yet to have Microsoft actually support me. The last ticket I worked with them on, they did escalate, but they had no resolution. The intermittent issue I was having just seemed to "disappear". Fortunately, someone in this group tracked the ticket and said that Microsoft changed some kind of rights on the specific user. That would have been good to know from the rep who was handling my ticket. Instead, I have to find that out through the user group. How insane is that? I am sure that this coudl be handled the same way, yet they have me going through some meaningless steps as if I am a 2 year old that can't understand what is going on. The issue I am dealing with is on Microsft's side of the fence and I have no control over it. Meanwhile, I have a new employee that can't use their Outlook client and I have no idea if I should tell them not to use their accoutn at all since MS might tell me they have to blow it away and start over.
I understand that you encountered the issue that the user cannot login mailbox after re-creating at portal. Moreover, you have submitted a service request about the issue.
Based on the current situation, you may refer to the steps provided by the engineer who is handling the service request to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Moreover, I’ll help you monitor the progress of the service request and find if any other assistance we can provide from the community side.
Thanks for your understanding,
Thanks for posting here.
I understand that you encountered the similar issue and submitted a service request too.
Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you post the issue in a new thread. After that, our moderator will help you in the new thread and may provide further assistance for you.
Yes, the issue has been corrected. I had to get someone from USA support who finally helped me. It was an issue that Microsoft identified as a flaw that they are working to fix. So, hopefully this will not occur in the future. I also made a recommendation that Microsoft provide a separate support structure for Enterpirse customers so that IT personnel do not have to deal with rookies in support. I hate when I know more than the person I am talking to, and I hate that there is such little common sense and a lack of basic troubleshooting and deduction skills. It is difficult for someone like me, who has been in industry for 20+ years, to talk to someone just out of school and reading a script. I knwo it costs more for qualified people, but they could solve problems 10 times faster. Someone should do the math on that before hiring minimum wage workers.
At least this time, support didn't make a behind-the-scenes change and not tell me about it. I also asked them to make sure the forum knew about it and received confirmation that they were actively working to correct the issue on their side. That is all I ask for.
Thanks for your feedback.
I understand that you have concerns and suggestions about current Office 365 service request support.
If you have concerns or suggestions about Office 365 support, you are welcome to refer to the following link to submit a feedback about your concerns or suggestions to help improve our service. Thanks again for your understanding.