No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can't save file to workspace when offline

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

When I try and save a file to my workspace documents folder and I am offline I get an error that there is no connection to the server - I know that as I am offline but I expected the saved file to be cached and sync with workspace when next online.

There seems to be 2 option to workaround this

1. Save to local "My Documents" and copy it to Workspace when online - I want to avoid this as I want to teach users to save to Workspace at all times.

2. "net stop sens" I dont know why issuing this command works but it does.

Is option 2 the official method of being able to save new files to the workspace when offline?

All Replies
  • Hello

I understand your are using SharePoint Workspace synchronized with SharePoint site

to be able to 'upload' file when offline with Workspace:

* check on the systray if you have an icon like an orange circle 'Microsoft Office Upload Center'  and open it

>> if not, on the start menu type 'upload center' and launch it

* click on the "Pause upload' button

this will put on hold all your upload, even online

• Hi fryrpc,

Does the reply above answer your questions?

Thanks,

Kylin Yang.

• No this does not. It looks like the only way to create new files whilst offline is to stop the SENS service.

• Hi Fryrpc,

To sotp the SENS service is a good way to do so.

Please refer to the link: blogs.msdn.com/.../sharepoint-fixed-issues-when-stopped-sens-service.aspx

I want to let you know that you can synchronize the files to Microsoft SharePoint Workspace manually.

For example, I synchronized my "Shared Documents" of my SharePoint Online to my Microsoft SharePoint Workspace, then I signned off Workspace. I added some new files to "Shared Documents", after a few day, when I logged in my Workspace, after a while, I found the new files I added can not be synchronized to Workspace automatically.

I open my team site which I synchronized to the Workspace, click "Shared Documents", then under "Sync" label of the top screen, click "Sycn Status", I find the screenshot below:

That is to say, you need the "Credentials" after Workspace offline for a long time.

So, I click "Sync" button at the screen below, a screen pop up to let me input my credentials, after I input my Microsoft Online Services ID and Password, the new files added later can synchronize to my Workspace with no issue now.

I hope this can help you .

Thanks,

Kylin Yang.

• Hi Fryrpc,

How are things going?

Thanks,

Kylin Yang.