No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office Live Domain to Office 365 Migration - Epic Fail

This question is answered This question is answered
I have run through all the steps for this and I just can't get the domain transfer to work. Site down - losing money, firing up my JOOMLA backup server. Please help.
Verified Answer
  • Hi LizErhardt,

Thanks for Robert’s response, and just as Robert suggested, can you give us more information with the issue you encountered, so that we can provide additional support for you?

Generally, to transfer our website and data from OLSB (Office Live Small Business), we can follow the transition guide to do the steps in a sequence.  We backup our data, recreate our website at SharePoint Online, and then remove our domain from OLSB and add it at Office 365.

After adding our domain at  Office 365, we need to change SharePoint website address to use our customer domain.

If you need any additional assistance, I’d like you can describe the issue you encountered in details and post them in the forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

All Replies
  • Hi,

Perhaps if you said where in the process you were, and what problem you were having, someone might be able to help you. For instance, when they say it can take 72 hours, they mean it, so one has to be prepared to wait.

• Hi LizErhardt,

Thanks for Robert’s response, and just as Robert suggested, can you give us more information with the issue you encountered, so that we can provide additional support for you?

Generally, to transfer our website and data from OLSB (Office Live Small Business), we can follow the transition guide to do the steps in a sequence.  We backup our data, recreate our website at SharePoint Online, and then remove our domain from OLSB and add it at Office 365.

After adding our domain at  Office 365, we need to change SharePoint website address to use our customer domain.

If you need any additional assistance, I’d like you can describe the issue you encountered in details and post them in the forum.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Hi LizErhardt,

Any update on this issue? In addition, do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang