Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
When I open the Other User's Mailbox in Web Outlook their Inbox folder is added to the sidebar but when I open it in Outlook 2010 then it gives no option to add it to the Nav bar, is there any way to do this?
The Other User is a dummy mailbox, e.g. Information or Careers mailbox, who has no login credentials. I have already granted FullAccess and SendOnBehalfOf permission which works as I can send emails as the dummy mailbox from Outlook 2010.
Before moving on, I would like to clarify the following information.
1. You mentioned that you have used the open the other user's mailbox feature in Outlook Web App(OWA), do you refer to it as Open Another Mailbox feature or Open Other User's Inbox feature as the picture below?
2. Is the other user's mailbox a shared mailbox in Office 365 and you want to add it in Outlook 2010?
If this is the case, you could follow the steps below to add this dummy mailbox in Outlook 2010.
1. Click File from the top toolbar in Outlook 2010.
2. On the Account Information page, click Account Settings and choose Account Settings.
3. Check the primary e-mail address (Your Mailbox) and click Change, click More Settings.
4. Click Advanced and you would see the window like below, click Add to add the dummy mailbox.
5. Close and re-open Outlook.
After doing this, please check if you would access this mailbox's folders in Outlook 2010.
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
How are things going?
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.
Yes, that's perfect. Thanks Anna.
Don't seem to be getting any emails when you reply to my thread so completely missed this.