No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

office pro plus subscription activation.

This question is answered This question is answered

I have federated accounts using office 365, i am finding that the only way to get office pro plus activated is to make sure the machines are joined to the domian  - is this a requirement when using a federated account and office pro plus subscription ?

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi,

I don't think there is a direct connection with domain and Office Pro Plus Activation.

If the computer is out of domain,please try to run desktop setup, then install the Office Profession Plus.

Or you may download from this link:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Then intsll Office Professional Plus.

Also, running OSAUI.exe may be required. Please refer to this link for more information:

office.microsoft.com/.../reactivate-subscription-license-by-using-osaui-exe-HA102053194.aspx

• Hi mrSP,

First, thanks for ThinkPad007’s efforts.

For the federated accounts, you need to make sure the machines are joined to the domain when using a federated account and Office Professional Plus. For the non-federated users, you can refer ThinkPad007’s suggestions about reactivating subscription license by using Osaui.exe.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/reactivate-subscription-license-by-using-osaui-exe-HA102053194.aspx

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi mrSP,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Yes, adding the machine to the domain works for activation- I did not see that requirement in any of the docs regarding using office 365 this way, also I currently have a support request that has been open for approx. 4 weeks with Microsoft and nobody has suggested that as a fix- which from a support point of view is a bit worrying!

Thanks for your help

MrSP

• Hi MrSP,

I am very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved after adding the machine to the domain for activation.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong