No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Autodiscover error in between the mail box download outlook 2007 error

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Sir,,

From 2 weeks we are facing this issue in outlook 2007.here we attached this image file.

after creating the profile this error comes in the between download the mail box  screen or it asks more times .in this outlook 2007 we created 4 more profiles in the outlook same as office 365 mail boxes they are working fine

Please suggest the solution on this error.

All Replies
  • Hi SWAGH,

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the steps provided in the following article:

Revert Autodiscover Changes for Exchange Online
    http://www.microsoft.com/online/help/en-us/helphowto/4ce3c21d-2c2e-4ed7-bb7d-85125d5ae296.htm

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• thanks for valuable reply.

But your suggested solution is not worked, we removed registry keys and restart the laptop, after restart the laptop we download the mail box this error popuop is worked

Thanks

• Hi,

Did you try to test your Autodiscover? Please use the Link to test that:

www.testexchangeconnectivity.com

And I notice you are using Outlook 2007, did you install the Outlook 2007 SP3?

Download from this link: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

• Hi SWAGH,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that after deleting the registry keys and restarting the laptop, the autodiscover popup still appears.

Given this situation, the autodiscover address in the popup window should have been changed. Therefore, when the autodiscover popup appears, please type in your user name and password, check the Remember my password box. If the user name and password still cannot be accepted properly, please capture a screenshot of the popup again.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi SWAGH,

How is everything going? We’d appreciate an update on the status of the issue.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Sir,

As per above solutions we tried and we updated the sp3 in office 2007 but the issue is still unreolved this error shows after the sp3 update.

• Hi SWAGH,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the issue persists. You have installed Office 2007 Service Pack 3. I notice that the user account dpareku@jwc.in is not an Office 365 account. When the popup comes up, please type in the Office 365 user name and password.

To narrow down this issue, could you please help me capture a screenshot of the popup window again and post it here? I would like to check the detailed information.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi SWAGH,

I would like to confirm that whether the original issue is resolved or not. If not, could you please provide the latest error message for further research?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Sir,

Original issue is still not resolved.As per required we attached file for your referance.

• Hello SWAGH,

This is definitely leftover from BPOS Sign In Application. I have saved some documentation for cleaning up autodiscover records used by Outlook. After following these steps, please close Outlook, Open control panel, choose the mail icon, choose email accounts, select the account in question, then choose the repair option and follow the instructions. Since you have already removed the registry keys to the BPOS Sign In Application, this is all that can be left.

You can also see the following article about completely removing the BPOS Sign In Application from:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onlineservicesexchange/thread/d9ae86b5-d866-4fb2-be69-4d01b67f4a46/

1. Open: "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Sign In\Config\\"

2. Rename the file: "outlook-autodiscovery.xml" to: "outlook-autodiscovery.xml.old"

(or you can rename the whole folder from: to: )

Then set the BPOS Sign In Application not to "Automatically start when Windows starts" in on the "Options" tab and restart Windows. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Brandon Kempma
    Office 365 Technical Support.