No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Page numbering gets broken when I add three columns

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I'm creating a document and I changed one of the pages to three columns. When I changed the columns it broke the page numbering and I can't get it to reconnect correctly. Can someone make a suggestion on how to fix this?

All Replies
  • Hi Residentx10,

This is Office 365 community, we are discussing Office 365 releated issues here. Office 365 is a new Cloud-based service that are provided by Microsoft. For Word issue, contact Office supportt team.

• Hi Residentx10,

Please check if the video in the following link is useful for your situation.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhqlwEdscs

As Wanimal mentioned, the issue you mentioned here is related to Word application in Office program. To better fix your issue, it’s better to post it in the Office forum.

If you have any issue related to Office 365 settings or services in future, you are always welcomed to post it in Office 365 forum.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Residentx10,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. Does the reply above answer your question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• I want to make this comment first. If this product was called sharepoint 365, or exchange365 or Lync 365 I could understand wanimal's comments.

But it's called "Office" 365 which can include Office Pro Plus.  If you going to take that attitude that you should answer any questions about office, then you need to remove all references to office 2010 on this forum and point people the locations where we can file a request:

office.microsoft.com/.../support  - How to

answers.microsoft.com/.../office - Conumer Support

technet.microsoft.com/.../bb267342.aspx - Technical Support

msdn.microsoft.com/.../bb726434(v=office.12).aspx - Software Design Informationa about Office

Phone Support(Paid):

Office support team at 866-452-4755. Their hours are M-F 5AM-9PM, Sa-Su 6AM-3PM PST.

I posted this information for a reason....there are too many locations to get office problems/supported fixed. If you refer me to a site, they'll refer to another and on and on and on we go with no resolution. Whiched sites are actually checked. I've problems posted on at all of these locations and the problems site open.

• Monica Tong,

This message is for you. I appreciate your determination and help. I know you want to do you job as best as possible. Office is a complex product. Few ever really use the complex features. I watched the link you gave me but it was for breaks in columns not fixing the page number after creating columns. I have many people on this site that know exchange, sharepoint and Lync. Office is the foundation of Microsoft. The product has bugs creeping in everywhere and nobody cares. If the chinasoft people want to get rave reviews about their support they need learned Office deeply because many of the people coming to office 365 will need support. I have been using this product for about 8-9 months and I'm finally getting to the point where I getting the promised productivity gains but its been a painful journey. I have numerous service requests, community posts and global posts to get over hurdles. The office 365 users must have one to come to for solutions. They don't have time visit 5+ sites.

Thanks for the youtube. That was useful because I was about to find a ANOTHER place for office support...this time with videos :-)  

• Look at this...see what I mean? Now it's the spacing between the autonumbering. This "feature" happens right at 100!

• Is there a way to fix this?  See number 99? It looks like this 99. Gish but after that the numbers go like this 100.  (tab)GM Rally

How do I remove that space between the number 100 and the GM Rally/content?

• I found a partial solution to my first issue but it only does it page by page. It doesn't autonumber the rest of the document completely. This is a bug.

• Hi Residentx10,

We appreciate your feedback.
    The Office Professional Plus 2010 is an supported service in Office 365 like Exchange Online service, SharePoint Online service, and Lync Online service. The Office Profession Plus 2010 is the latest version of Microsoft Office and we have professional Office support team for any Microsoft Office issues.

I understand the inconvenience caused by the issue you are experiencing. However, for better and more quickly resolve the Office issue, it recommends post it with detailed information in the Office forum. Our Office support team will be able to provide more useful information and suggstion about your question. Therefore, to better fix this issue, we highly appreciate you could contact Office support team for help.
    Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any other questions about Exchagne Online, SharePoint Online or Lync Online, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best Regards,
    Grace Shi

• After I did 3-4 "Continue from Previous Section" the whole document renumbered correctly.  

• 谢谢:-)我在未来将发布。

• This post has moved here

Page numbering, social.technet.microsoft.com/.../7a547f05-699e-4ec1-a129-cb46552c7891

Column numbering, social.technet.microsoft.com/.../8c5bbeb7-1ed7-4164-b033-edb806a05411

• Hi Residentx10,

Thanks for your time and cooperation on this issue.
    I’m glad to hear that the provided information was helpful and the issue you experienced has been resolved in the Office forum.

If you have any other questions about Office 365, please don’t hesitate to post here. We will try our best to provide assistance for each customer.
    In addition, you may also find useful information from the websites below:
    For Enterprise:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/

For Small Business:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/

Thanks,
    Grace Shi