Office 365 goes Unlicensed Product after installing MS Project 2013

• 6 Followers
  • 13 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi Guys-

Just like the title says; O365 is loaded and licensed fine. After that, install project with volume license that is not linked to the users O365 account, the O365 goes into Unlicensed Product mode.

I tried running osaui.exe /f and it prompts, and says that it licenses successfully but, Unlicensed Product remains.

Reboots in any order don't help, installation order doesn't help, there's never a chance for me to license it through her O365 account instead.

Anyone had any luck with this?

• Post Points: 155
All Replies
  • Hi CPI,

In order to solve this issue, I would like you to perform the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. If you are using Office Profession plus 32bits on a 32bits OS computer or Office Profession plus 64bits on a 64bits OS computer, please open cmd.exe and type in cd “c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14”.
    If you are using Office Profession plus 32bits on a 64bits OS computer, please open cmd.exe and type in cd “c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14”.
    2. Type in cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus to check the activation status of the Office profession plus. Please capture a screenshot and post it on here for us to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
    Yang Yu

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi CPI,

How is everything? Does my reply help you to solve your problem?

Thanks,
    Yang Yu

• Top 50 Contributor

•  

32bit Win7

• Not Ranked
  • Hi CPI,

When you say "the O365 goes into Unlicensed Product mode", could you capture a screenshot and post here? From the screenshot you provided above, I see that the Office software is running within the timebased validity period.

I recommend you refer to the article below to uninstall the Office software completely and then install it from Office 365.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After doing that, check to see if it works. Any updates, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
    Aaron Yuan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • It says in brackets [Unlicensed Product] at the top. In outlook you can only view your e-mails and receive e-mails you can't create new e-mails or send out, in word etc. you can open documents and view them but you can't edit anything.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled office 365 from the website, and I had reinstalled project from the volume licensing site, with no change.

I'll try to get a screen shot today and post it up.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • Hi CPI,

According to my research, you can check if you have the unsupported coexistence scenarios as follows.

For more detailed information, you can refer to the article below:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx

Thanks,
    Yang Yu

• Top 50 Contributor
  • What was the answer for the above request? I am having same problem however I have 32 bit version of each product

• Not Ranked
  • Hi caddant,

In order for us to solve the issue, please capture a screenshot of the activation status of Office application by following the steps.
    1. If you are using Office Profession plus 32bits on a 32bits OS computer, please open cmd.exe and type in cd “c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14”.
    If you are using Office Profession plus 32bits on a 64bits OS computer, please open cmd.exe and type in cd “c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14”.
    2. Type in cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus to check the activation status of the Office profession plus.

Thanks,
    Yang Yu

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Yang-

I also have all x86 versions of the software.

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • I uninstalled Project 2013 32 bit version and had to reinstall Office 2010 Prof Plus Subscription, then installed Project 2010 Volume licensed version 32 bit and all seems to be ok. Not the question remains, why doesn't the 2013 32 bit version of Project not play well with the 32ibt version of Office 2010 Prof Plus Subscription?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with O365 showing as Unlicensed after installing Sharepoint Designer 2013 (Office 2013). Both x86.

Did anyone manage to solve the issue?

• Not Ranked
  • I think the answer is to not use any 2013 product with 2010 product. Not sure when they are going to release 2013 in O365 to us subscribers. I had to install 2010 Project to get my O365 working again.

• Not Ranked
  • I am having same issue.  User had Office 365 Pro Plus 2010 installed from portal on Win7 32bit computer.  All worked well until Visio 2013 select license was installed.  Pro Plus 2010 now shows as Unlicensed Product.  When we run the cscript, it shows "LICENSED".  Have uninstalled and reinstalled both to no avail.  

What is the solution?

• Top 500 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)