No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Unable to Open SharePoint Documents - endless loop of entering credentials

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
Anytime I try to open any document from a SharePoint site with Office 2013, I get an endless loop of asking me for my credentials (email/password); it appears to accept them but then resets to the same screen asking for the email address. This issue only started today after two weeks of working just fine.

I have Windows 8 Pro / Office 365 M Plan (w/ Office Professional Plus upgrade).

Under the Account it shows that my account is connected to the proper SharePoint site. I have already done the Office quick repair; full repair; and uninstalled and using a previous subscription of Office 365 Home Premium subscription but the same issue remains.

Can anyone provide any suggestions why I am in an endless cycle of asking for my credentials when trying to open a SharePoint document?

All Replies
  • Hi Scooter,

In regard to this issue, I suggest you refer to the following article to uninstalled the updates for these two files via Windows Update, and then check if the issue still exists.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768349

Thanks,

Keats Ge

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Scooter,

How are things going? Do you need additional assistance?

Thanks,
    Keats Ge

• Keats: Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately, Office 365 - Office Professional Plus 2013 (Office 15) is set as Click-to-Run and no updates are logged in Windows Update for Office. I uninstalled the latest version and problem persists. My P1 plan is set to update on 22 March, so I am just waiting patiently to see if this fixes the problem. I do know that when I checked my Registry, there were multiple Identities for Office 15. I may need to clear these and start over..... but as I mentioned, I'll look at it more closely tomorrow.

• Hi Scooter,

If you have any updates about the issue, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,

Keats Ge

• Good morning. I received the upgrade to Office 365 / I installed the Office programs as part of my subscription and the error has corrected itself.

• Hi Scooter,

I'm glad to hear the error has corrected itself.

If you need other assistance about using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum.

Thanks,

Keats Ge