No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

What no Upgrade

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Why can't I upgrade from one 365 plan to another

It appears that I have to close one account and open another - pathetic

Jonno

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the upgrade options of O365.  Just to make sure we're on the same page (and for anyone else out there who may be interested in shifting licenses around), here's a summary of the tenant types in O365.

The Enterprise-level tenant contains Ex,Kx, and Plan 'x' (Exchange Online) licenses. These can be mixed and matched freely.

The Small Business-level tenant consists of P1 licenses.  Only additional P1 licenses and Office Pro Plus licenses can be added to Small Business tenants.

As it stands, users cannot "migrate" from P to E level tenants, or vice versa -- you basically have to shut your old tenant down, remove the associated domains, and rebuild.  This has been seen as an issue since GA, and the O365 engineering team has been looking into methods where we can enable cross-tenant migration, but no word yet.