No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync on top

This question is answered This question is answered

I'm not sure if its a coincidence, but since installing office 2013 Lync in now continually popping up no matter what application I'm in.

I've checked all the settings and tools > always on top is unticked plus tools >options > personal > show lync in forground is also unticked but still Lync pops up.

How do I stop it please?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi Tomg35,

I’d like to clarify the following information:

1. Did you mean the Lync client was always on the top of the screen or it continuous popped up when processing other applications?
    2. If you mean that it popped up continuously, were there any conversations inviting you at that time?

Currently, I suggest you repair the Office 2013 and check whether the issue persists.

1. Enter the installed program list in your computer.
    2. Right click on the Office 2013, select Change.
    3. Select Repair.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Tomg35,

I’d like to clarify the following information:

1. Did you mean the Lync client was always on the top of the screen or it continuous popped up when processing other applications?
    2. If you mean that it popped up continuously, were there any conversations inviting you at that time?

Currently, I suggest you repair the Office 2013 and check whether the issue persists.

1. Enter the installed program list in your computer.
    2. Right click on the Office 2013, select Change.
    3. Select Repair.

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• Hi, thanks for the reply.

Lync pops up continuously as soon as windows 8 loads. No there aren't any conversations ongoing nor any invites.

Lync sits in the taskbar at startup (as I mentioned I had set it to not sit on top of windows) and when using an office application it keeps popping up. Repair doesn't seem to have made any difference.

• Hi Tomg35,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm the following information:
    1. What’s the plan do you use?
    2. Whether you download the Office 2013 in Office 365 portal or not?

If not, please try to download and re-install the Office 2013 to see if the issue will persist.

Thanks,
    Anna Shi

• Hi,

I'm on Plan P1. I downloaded Offic Home Premium from office.microsoft.com/.../home-premium

Thanks

• Hi Tomg35,

As the issue is related to Office 365 Home Premium from, I suggest refering to the following site to get the specific support for that client. This is so the question can be answered quickly and efficiently.

Here is the support link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/?CTT=97

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• Thanks will do

• Thanks will do

• Well I ran repair again and this time the problem seems to have gone away (thankfully).