No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync Federation and External,Communication all set up, now what?

• 3 Followers
  • 15 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
I have activated the above, so supposedly I can communicate with external contacts and users of live messanger, howmdo i do that? In lync, i only have pinned contacts and contacts from my address book. If I add someone whom i think has msn to my pinned contact, it does not show anything, sending a message fails. How do i add them? also, is it true my msn friends can add me in windows messanger? how?
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • The problem is solved. The DNS details supplied by Microsoft is not the same format as all DNS formats. So supplying that information to the users may not always work. I got a microsoft engineer to look at it and even they are not familar, its a redhat linux system. SO the settings have to be set in a certain way.

I passed the parameters to my hosting and they have managed to get it into the system and it is working now.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1|2|