No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I have a ghost user in Lync - User has been deleted but shows Available for some users

• 2 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have deleted a user account yet one user still sees the deleted user as Available in Lync. The ghost users password was changed weeks ago and all Office 365 licenses removed. Today the ghost showed up in a Lync call as busy. At this news I deleted the ghost user account completely. I also have removed the user from SharePoint groups.  Hours after doing this the ghost user still shows as available in another user's Lync Client.

Ideas anyone?  Very strange.  Is it possible they have remained logged on for weeks? If so why do others not see the ghost user any longer.

Dave

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting here.
    I understand that you have removed all Office 365 licenses associated with this particular user. However, this user’s Lync status is still Available in other users’ Lync client.

Based on my experience, this issue may be caused by the endpoint cache in other users’ Lync client. To help us narrow down this issue, would you please delete the Crypto RSA key container and refresh Lync cache endpoints, to see if any improvement?

Delete the Crypto RSA key container.
    ===============================
    1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\ folder. (For Windows Vista and Windows 7, the location is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA)
    2. Delete the RSA key subfolder. The name of the RSA key subfolder consists of a long string of numbers and characters. For example:
    S-1-5-21-433994307-1646369186-2100375486-500
    3. Restart the computer, and then sign in to Lync Online again.

Delete Lync endpoint cache:
    ==========================
    1. Locate the local application data folder:
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Communicator\<\">sip_address@contoso.com>\
    2. Delete the file that is named EndpointConfiguration.CACHE.
    3. Restart Lync 2010, and then try to sign in to Lync Online.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)