No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync on Mac

• 3 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am trying to set Lync up on a Mac and receive the error message service not available or not connected to the internet.  I know the machine is connected to the internet so that is not the issue.  I would appreciate any ideas for troubleshooting this issue.  Thanks,

Jeb

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hello Jeb,

Try to login using Manual Configuration. Follow steps mentioned below.

1. Start Lync for Mac.

2. Enter your email address, user ID, and password.

3. Next to Sign in as, select the presence status that you want to display after you sign in.

4. If you want to save your credentials, click to select the Remember my password check box. Your credentials will be saved in the Mac OS  Keychain and will work until the next time that your password changes or expires.

5. Click Advanced. Under Manual Configuration, specify the following values:

 Internal server name: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

 External server name: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

• Kerberos authentication: Leave this option cleared. Office 365 uses the Office 365 identity platform for authentication.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)