No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

can not signin on Lync online

This question is answered This question is answered
i am getting an error while signing in Lync online "You didn't get sign-in"
Verified Answer
  • Hi Balu,

Thank you for your update. Before going further, could you let us know if this problem happen to all users, or just one user?
    To help to narrow down this issue, you may refer to steps below to verify if the SIP Address of problematic user is same with the SMTP address.
    1. Start Office Outlook, and then open Address Book.
    2. Find the user by user name, and then view user properties.
    3. Click the E-mail Addresses tab.
    The SIP address will be listed as sip:<email_address> and same as your email address.

By the way, if you want to change the synced user’s UPN, you can refer to steps below.
    a.  logon to your DC in on-premise domain with a domain admin.
    b. run the command adsiedit.msc to open ADSI Edit tool.
    c. locate the user account and modify userPrincipalName attribute on that object.
    d. Re-run Directory synchronization wizard on Dirsync server to sync user account to cloud again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Balu Gore,

Before going further, I need to confirm some information:
    1. All of your 7 users are created on MOP or sync to Office 365?
    2. If some users are created by synchronization, please try to sign-in these accounts on other computer.
    3. Please try to remove license on these accounts, wait for 15 minutes, re-assign this license to these accounts.
    If you want to force the AD sync using Dirsyc, please run Dirsync wizard again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi Robert,

1. All the users are sync to Office 365.

2. As I have mentioned earlier these 7 users are unable to sign-in on any system.

3. I already tried removing Lync license on one of the seven users that broke every online service for that user.

At this moment all these seven users are able to access other online services like Exchange but cannot access Lync..

I have took UUCAPI trace for these users and can only find single 401 challenge.

Thanks.

All Replies
  • Hi Balu Gore,

I know that when you try to sign in Lync online, you get the error message that “You didn’t get sign in”.

a. I want to confirm that how many users meet this issue.
    b. Please confirm that you have assigned license to this account.
    c. You can use “Set up and configure your Office desktop apps”. You can find this in Admin Panel ->download page.
    d. You can try to sign in your Lync by manual way.
     In the upper-right area of Lync 2010, click the Gear icon to open the Options page.
     In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Personal.
     Next to the sign-in address, click Advanced.
     Make sure that Manual Configuration is selected and that the configuration values are exactly as follows:
     Internal server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
     External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

e. If the issue persists, please upload a screenshot for further research.
    Screenshot:
    Save your screenshot on your computer, Use rich formatting when you post, Click the insert image button on your right side.

For more information:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/troubleshooting-lync-online-sign-in-errors-HA102758577.aspx

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• 1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Robert,

I am getting the above error message by both sign-in methods Automatic and manual

I have tried all the above suggested step. In addition i have also tried removing the license and re-assign the same to affected users but didn't helped.

One thing is wired  i am not able to change users UPN address from Portal might be because of i am using ADFS and DirSync.

Is there any option to change UPN in onprem AD and then force dirsync replication?

In UCCAPI logs i can find only a single 401 challenge. I also can not see the user personal cert in personal store.

I also tried removing the RSA folder from user folder on the workstation.

• Hi Balu,

Thank you for your update. Before going further, could you let us know if this problem happen to all users, or just one user?
    To help to narrow down this issue, you may refer to steps below to verify if the SIP Address of problematic user is same with the SMTP address.
    1. Start Office Outlook, and then open Address Book.
    2. Find the user by user name, and then view user properties.
    3. Click the E-mail Addresses tab.
    The SIP address will be listed as sip:<email_address> and same as your email address.

By the way, if you want to change the synced user’s UPN, you can refer to steps below.
    a.  logon to your DC in on-premise domain with a domain admin.
    b. run the command adsiedit.msc to open ADSI Edit tool.
    c. locate the user account and modify userPrincipalName attribute on that object.
    d. Re-run Directory synchronization wizard on Dirsync server to sync user account to cloud again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi Robert,

There are only 7 users affected with this issue and they cannot sign-in on any system.

Just to let you know the SIP and email address for all the 7 users is same. I will try the second option to change the UPN on onprem AD for these users.

Is there any article which will help me to force the the AD sync using DirSync server that would be helpful.

I have tried re-assign Lync license for one of the user but it broke every online service for that user....

• Hi Balu Gore,

Before going further, I need to confirm some information:
    1. All of your 7 users are created on MOP or sync to Office 365?
    2. If some users are created by synchronization, please try to sign-in these accounts on other computer.
    3. Please try to remove license on these accounts, wait for 15 minutes, re-assign this license to these accounts.
    If you want to force the AD sync using Dirsyc, please run Dirsync wizard again.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi Robert,

1. All the users are sync to Office 365.

2. As I have mentioned earlier these 7 users are unable to sign-in on any system.

3. I already tried removing Lync license on one of the seven users that broke every online service for that user.

At this moment all these seven users are able to access other online services like Exchange but cannot access Lync..

I have took UUCAPI trace for these users and can only find single 401 challenge.

Thanks.

• Balu Gore,

Please check the time on the computers that are having issues.  If the computers are updating their time/date from a server on the network, please verify the time/date on the server is no more than 5min difference from the actual time.  If the computers are not updating their time with an internal server please check to make sure they are updating their time/date automatically from one of the time servers provided online.  This error generally occurs when the time on the computer is off by more than 5min and the certificate cannot be verified.

Charlie Gaither
    Microsoft Lync Online Support