No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

lync schedule meeting disabled

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi,

I wonder, how to schedule a meeting via Lync. It seems possible but the option is disabled as you right click on a user in your contact list. 

I read you need to install outlook 2010, so i did, and configured, once manually and then automatically. Neither of this helped. The user is assigned to lync Onlince (plan2), SharePoint Online (Plan 1), and Exchange Online (Plan 1). 

Basically, how to unlock the option to schedule a meeting in Lync, any ideas?

Regards

Lukas

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Lukas,

Using Outlook client to schedule the meeting is depends on the "Outlook Lync add-on". It's not related the license of Exchange online and Lync online.

As for this case, I'd like you ensure the Outlook client is working properly and also re-install Lync client for the re-configuration , then go to Calendar tab and click on "New online meeting".

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Luc67,

Thanks for your reply. Have you tried to try again on other computer? Based on my experience, it's a computer related issue, seems there are some application conflict with Lync client.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
All Replies
  • Hi Lukas,

Using Outlook client to schedule the meeting is depends on the "Outlook Lync add-on". It's not related the license of Exchange online and Lync online.

As for this case, I'd like you ensure the Outlook client is working properly and also re-install Lync client for the re-configuration , then go to Calendar tab and click on "New online meeting".

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • hello Neo

thank you for your answer, however, it didint solve the problem. I can schedule an online meeting via outlook, however, this option is still blocked on the lync.

Would you know any other possible solutions?

Regards

Lucas

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Luc67,

Thanks for your reply. Have you tried to try again on other computer? Based on my experience, it's a computer related issue, seems there are some application conflict with Lync client.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Luc67,

How are you? I'm writing in just want to ensure that all the inforamtion is useful for you. If you have any questions ,please feel free to post them here.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)