No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync 2010 cannot sign in

• 2 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Hi,

I’m trying to deploy Lync 2010 (Part of Office365) within my domain.

I have done initial testing on my own machine; installation was fine (by downloading client software directly from the office 365 website) but I had trouble logging in. After a couple of days, it appeared to have fixed itself. I then try to do the same on my MD Windows 7 machine.. same result (initially not working, but appeard to have fixed itself after a few days). My other boss managed to install and login fine (all of us have local profiles).. However, I now need to deploy it throughout our organisation, but i can’t get any of the users to login "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem continues, please contact your support team." I have created a user called testuser with roaming profile (exactly the same as normal staff) but i can’t sing in, but if I delete that roaming profile on the same machine and login using a local profile i can successful login to lync. But if i change it back to roaming, then my user testuser can’t login to lync. And to confuse things even more, if a log into the making as the domain administrator using a local profile.. that domain administrator cannot login Lync (using my signing credentials).

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Elfed.

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • Hi Elfed,

Before going further, please make sure that the DNS records and firewall settings are correct. You can refer to the following KB articles:

Automatic sign-in, domain federation, and other features do not work as expected in Lync Online when you use a custom domain in Office 365
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2566790

You cannot connect to Lync Online, or certain features do not work, because an on-premises firewall blocks the connection
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2409256

If the issue persists, I would like to know the error message received when using a roaming profile.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi,

Thaks for that. I can fonfirm that the above settings have already been configured, but i have gone back to docuble check, and they all seem to be ok anyway.

Elfed.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Elfed,

I understand that firewall settings and DNS records are correct. At this point, please check if you can sign in Lync using Lync manually settings.

1. In the upper-right area of Lync 2010, click the Gear icon to open the Options page.
    2. In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Personal.
    3. Next to the sign-in address, click Advanced.
    4. Make sure that Manual Configuration is selected and that the configuration values are exactly as follows:
        Internal server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
        External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
    5. Try to sign in Lync again.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that i have already tried this, with no success. I have tried it again, but still no success.

Thanks.

Elfed.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Elfed,

Here is my understanding of your issue so far: when you or any users try to log into Lync on local profiles, it works fine. However, when this is attempted on a roaming profile, the user is unable to log in and receives the error, "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable." This behavior only occurs on roaming profiles, not on local profiles. DNS records and network settings are correct, and manual configuration has been attempted.

Before we try further troubleshooting, please just confirm that this is correct, and that this is the error message that is received.

Best regards,
    Jacob T

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Jacob,

I confirm that your understating of the problem is correct.

Thanks.

• Not Ranked
  • Elfed,

Please check your private messages. I would like to pull you into our ticketing system to fully assist you with this issue, and I have sent you a private message requesting some information for this purpose.

Best Regards,
    Jacob T

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)