No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

How 2 change "Work phone" number in Lync

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi Support,

The option to save "Work phone" number in Lync is grayed out and its need to be changed.

Path:Options-Phone-Work phone

I also referd http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/set-phones-options-and-numbers-HA101832584.aspx#_Toc272345542

How 2 fix this? Pls help

Ram

Verified Answer
  • Hi Evan,

Pls resolve this case.

I fixed this issue by changing the phone # at the A.D level.

I also think that is the rite solution 2 this problem

Ram

All Replies
  • Hi Guys,

Any answer 2 this Q?

• Hi Ram,

Before moving on, I’d like to clarify this issue in more details:

1), Did this issue occur with single user or multiple users in your company?

2), Which Office 365 subscription are you using, Enterprise or Professional and Small Business?
    If you are using the Enterprise subscription, have you deployed Active Directory synchronization with your company?

If this issue occurred with single user, I suggest you try to login Lync client with another computer and edit the Phone number here.

In addition, to troubleshoot this issue, please do the following steps:

1), Update Lync client to the latest version.
    To do this, please download and install the proper version of Lync client from Office 365 portal> downloads page.

2), Configure Lync client to work with Office 365.
    To do this, please download and run the Desktop setup from Office 365 portal> Downloads page. If you have already done this, please re-run it to insure the configuration.

After doing so, please try to test if you can edit the Phone number again.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Hi Ram,

How are things going? In addition, do you need any further assistance?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Evan,

Pls resolve this case.

I fixed this issue by changing the phone # at the A.D level.

I also think that is the rite solution 2 this problem

Ram

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.