No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync shows "Available" and NOT "In a meeting",even tho the user is busy and in a meeting

• 2 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 3 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Lync 2010 shows user as "Available", even though he is busy and is in meeting.

I had this guy already reinstall Lync again, but still the same issue

This is the email he sent me::

"Dear Ram,

Still the same after install Lync. Please refer the attachment. Emeeting started at 10pm, status is still at available.
Can you advise what setting do I need to change?"""

I have added the attachment he sent me.
Pls help guys
thanks
Ram

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Post Points: 5
Verified Answer
  • Hi Ram,

Based on your description, it is the presence updates feature that could not work for one user in your organization.

Generally, this issue occurs if an on-premises firewall blocks the communication flow. To resolve this issue, you may need to configure an exception for Microsoft Online Services URLs and applications from the proxy or firewall.

For more information about it, please refer to the KB below:

support.microsoft.com/.../2409256

Moreover, to troubleshoot this issue, you could also try to test Lync Online by setting Lync 2010 to use manual configuration:

To set Lync 2010 to use manual configuration, follow these steps:

1.In the upper-right area of Lync 2010, click the Gear icon to open the Options page.

2.In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Personal.

3.Next to the sign-in address, click Advanced.

4.Make sure that Manual Configuration is selected and that the configuration values are exactly as follows:

◦Internal server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

◦External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

If this does not help, you could try to remove the Lync Online license from this user, wait for some time and then re-assign the license to this user and check if it helps.

For more information about how to troubleshoot authentication and connectivity issues in Lync Online, please refer to the link below:

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

To remove lync license for this guy, please do not just remove his "sip address" in AD, you could remove the Lync license from Office 365 portal--Users profile, wait for some time and then re-assign the license to this user.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
All Replies
  • common guys,

this is urgent

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ram,

Based on your description, it is the presence updates feature that could not work for one user in your organization.

Generally, this issue occurs if an on-premises firewall blocks the communication flow. To resolve this issue, you may need to configure an exception for Microsoft Online Services URLs and applications from the proxy or firewall.

For more information about it, please refer to the KB below:

support.microsoft.com/.../2409256

Moreover, to troubleshoot this issue, you could also try to test Lync Online by setting Lync 2010 to use manual configuration:

To set Lync 2010 to use manual configuration, follow these steps:

1.In the upper-right area of Lync 2010, click the Gear icon to open the Options page.

2.In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Personal.

3.Next to the sign-in address, click Advanced.

4.Make sure that Manual Configuration is selected and that the configuration values are exactly as follows:

◦Internal server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

◦External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

If this does not help, you could try to remove the Lync Online license from this user, wait for some time and then re-assign the license to this user and check if it helps.

For more information about how to troubleshoot authentication and connectivity issues in Lync Online, please refer to the link below:

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Ram,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days.

Please post back at your convenience if we can help further.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • hi anna

I have sent the Microsoft Kb to the user

I have no idea if that fixed it 4 him

I ll update u very shortly

ram

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Anna, thanks so much 4 ur sustained help

I have 1 doubt

to remove lync license for this guy , can i just remove his "Sip address" from AD?

thanks

Ram

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

To remove lync license for this guy, please do not just remove his "sip address" in AD, you could remove the Lync license from Office 365 portal--Users profile, wait for some time and then re-assign the license to this user.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • thanks guy i fixed it, by deleing the cache files for lync

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)