No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Will Communicator (MAC) be supported in Office 365?

This question is answered This question is answered

I have implemented Office 2011 and it works well with O365 Exchange. I have connected it to my BPOS and O365 accounts simultaneously. I need the server settings to connect Communicator top LYNC.

Only difficulty is error on SP about browser support  to date but functionality is not affected

Verified Answer
  • Currently the Communicator for the Mac client does not support the ability to login to Lync Online and will require an update to become supported.  At this time I do not have an ETA on when the update will become available.  We will announce the update to the forums once it becomes available.

Shawn Mahan

Lync Online TAP Program Manager

All Replies
  • Please try the following settings along with your office 365 Beta credentials. This settings are for windows version of Lync but it should work with Mac .

Internal server name or IP address:  sipdir.online.lync.com:443

External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

• Messenger for the Mac is not supported in the Office 365 Beta, but Communcator for Mac looks to be supported in the future with Office 365.

blog.officeformac.com/announcing-communicator-for-mac

I have not yet attempted to set up Communicator for Mac with the Beta.  Communicator for the Mac is listed in the "not supported" list for the Beta, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work..

As Nima stated in his answer, manual settings are:

Internal server or IP: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

External server or IP: sipdir.online.lync.com:443

Thank you,

David

• Currently the Communicator for the Mac client does not support the ability to login to Lync Online and will require an update to become supported.  At this time I do not have an ETA on when the update will become available.  We will announce the update to the forums once it becomes available.

Shawn Mahan

Lync Online TAP Program Manager