No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Change User ID can't login to Lync with new name in sign-in address

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I changed a user name and cannot use it when signing into Lync.

Changed user name from ABC@domain.com to XYZ@domain.com

I can't use the XYZ@domain as the sign-in name in Lync, I have to Sign in with the ABC@domain.com id

Is this "By Design" ?  I would need my users to be able to use their new ID to login.

Thanks.

All Replies
  • Dorou,

You will need to have that user login using login.microsoftonline.com to complete the name change. After that has been completed, then have them retry logging into Lync.

• I can seem to login using the new user name but with the old sign-in address.

sign-in address: ABC@domain.com (Old Id)

User name: XYZ@domain.com (New Id)

Password: <password>

After I changed ABC to XYZ I cannot login using XYZ@domain.com as the sign-in address.

I can login as the XYZ account using login.microsoftonline.com without an issue.   Is this how it is supposed to be...I tried it with another user name and it works consitantly.

Thanks,

• I have the exact same problem, changed username from firstnameL@domain.com to firstname.lastname@domain.com i can login to the portal with the new username which is federated, but lync is still unable to connect

• support.microsoft.com/.../2537764

• We didn't have an onpremises Lync server.

The way I resolved this issue, was:

1) open the properties of the migrated/federated user CONTACT on your onpremises Exchange server

2) Under e-mail addresses add a new Custom address

3) In the e-mail address type the users email address (or what you want for the users' SIP address to be)

4) And for e-mail type: SIP

5) Click OK twice

6) Go to your O365 sync server and force a sync with this cmdlet: Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync