No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Download file of Lync is incomplete and use of the MSDN version

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi there,

firstly thanks for the invite for the Office365 Beta :-)

I am new and therefore playing a litte bit with Office365; great. I tried to download Lnyc from the link from the start page on Office365, but the download does not complete; meaning the file I get differs in size when I download it more times. So, I think it's a bandwith or server response problem.

I got Lync from my MSDN Account, the version from there asked me after the installation to install a supplementary online service from MS. This work fine and I can login. However Lync tells me that an update is avalaible and when I try to get it, I am redirected to the download site for Lync on Office365. My question is, can someone give a tip what to do?

Thanks in advance & regards :-)

Verified Answer
  • Hello,

I've verified the problem with the download -- it's probably related to the demand the download servers are getting with all the updates -- and we're currently looking into getting this resolved as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Chase

All Replies
  • Hello,

I've verified the problem with the download -- it's probably related to the demand the download servers are getting with all the updates -- and we're currently looking into getting this resolved as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Chase

• Thanks Chase!

• Hi Chase,

Regards :-)

• I managed to download Lync this morning and successfully got it installed. Works like a charm.

• Hi there,

thanks again. I tried the download and the installer and all works fine :-)

Happy Easter & Best regards :-)