No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync for Mac Sign in Issue

• This post has 28 Replies |
  • 17 Followers
  • Some people have reported that they are unable to sign into their Office 365 account using Lync for Mac.

This is a serious problem and the team is working hard to get a fix developed, tested, and deployed as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

We will continue to update this forum thread as we have more details

Thank you for your patience.

3 out of 7 people found this post helpful.

• Could you let me know whether there is a fix for this yet, if not, some sort of timeline would be appreciated

• a timeline would be appreciated.

• FYI, removing the "unknown" certificate did not help.     I agree, a timeline would be nice.

Also, maybe next time you would consider beta testing so real world Mac users can help work through these issues before they make it to final release.  

• I had (still have) this issue but now it has escalated to crash the Lync client in Mac OSx Lion every time I try to log on to our Lync Online.

Pls advice

• The crash was fixed for me in lion by deleting the unknown cert... That just leaves all the other problems...

• Hmm, do you by any chance have a short "action list" for removing the cert? If so, pls post. That would at least solve one issue :)

Strange btw, I haven't had that problem and all of a sudden it appears, don't even think I have installed any Office upgrades.

• Solved it.

1. start keychain (Nyckelhanteraren in Swedish)

2. scroll down to unknown (okänt in Swedish) certificate

3. select and delete it

Now you at least can try to log in, it won't work but at least the Lync Client won't crash.

• Agree.

This service has technically been down for 5 days now with no mention of how close to resolution they are.

If it was any other aspect of Office 365 it would be called an actual Outage....

• This issue is STILL happening and it is not just on Mac's.  This issue has been going on for at least two days now (probably more).  It appears to be intermittent because EVENTUALLY the issue resolves itself.  My best guess at this point is that M$ online's cert servers are not issuing certs for some reason (cert server issue, DNS issue, unknown?).  Bottom line, this is a major hassle, and is directly impacting our business.  My best guess why this hasn't been fixed (besides incompetence) is that it might only be affecting those using federation.

I've tried various "fixes" offered by others online, without success.  The only way to fix it is to wait.  Some of the "fixes" I've tried:

1.  support.microsoft.com/.../en-us

2. Un/re - installing both Lync and MS Online services sign-in assistant.

3. Removing an individual's license in the admin console.

4.  community.office365.com/.../60150.aspx

Bottom line, I'm happy to do these steps to try to help troubleshoot and to get one or two users working quickly, but this has happened in the past and seems to be a CHRONIC issue with M$ online.  Expecting us to run through the steps in #4 more than once is RIDICULOUS.

M$ online, WHY U NO FIX?!?!?!!?  Quit pretending this is an issue on the client side and FIX YOUR SERVICE!

• Hi cschauer,

I sincerely appreciate for your efforts and time to help troubleshoot the issue.

Officially the Lync for Mac client supports connecting to Lync Online. The Lync Online and Office for Mac support teams are working closely with several customers that are experiencing issues with signing-in, but we have not yet identified a definitive root cause or solution. I can assure you we are committed to fully supporting the use of the recently released Lync for Mac with Lync Online, and we apologize for the issues that some are experiencing. More information will be provided as soon as it’s available.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• We were notified recently that in Nov. there is to be an upgrade to Office 365 that is to address the Mac issue (among others) as well as the release of an iOS Lync client.

I'll believe it when I see it, but would sure be nice.

• Still can't login.

• Microsoft is releasing a software update for the Lync for Mac 2011 client that will resolve two known issues:

•          Lync for Mac sign-in into Office 365
    •          Installation of Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 causes Lync for Mac to become inoperable

Lync for Mac users will be receiving the software update starting next week through Microsoft AutoUpdate. After the update, Lync for Mac users will be able to connect to Office 365 and use Lync for Mac on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2.

• This is SO GREAT! I have run the AutoUpdate and received it. Now I can connect my Lync for Mac client to Lync Online!

Now it is time for further testing! :)

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1|2|