No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync Federation stopped working for one 3rd Party

• 3 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

My Office 365 Lync client won't 'connect' to a federatded partner of mine (@bt.com).

It used to-  and I can federate to it from another Lync account I have. (I can also federate between that 'other account' and Office 365 Lync which shows that federation is possible and working.

I want to know why this has changed and what I can do to resolve it. I tried the virtual assistant but it is 'very poor' at suggesting technet articles that may help. Ahem...

Is this an issue with Microsoft's Office 365, platform, the third party's (@bt.com) or is it an issue with my settings and therefore something I can fix?

Any help/advice appreciated.

TJ

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Tj,

Thank you for your reply and providing the detailed information.

I understand that you have an Office 365 account and a Lync server account. These two accounts can be federated properly. However, the Office 365 account cannot be federated with a third party Lync server account.

Before moving on, please contact the third party contact to make sure that your domain is shown in his/her Lync server’s federated domain list.

If the issue persists, you can refer to the following KB article to troubleshoot this issue:

Instant messages to federated Lync contacts fail
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2392146

@Victoria Waner, thank you for your information.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)