No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No one can be presenter for Lync meetings

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Cannot be presenter for Lync meetings no matter what options I choose when setting up the meeting.  The ONLY option presented to log into the meeting is as a guest.  I've been using Lync for 6 months and this has been a constant problem.

There are no error messages.  I simply choose to schedule an online meeting in Outlook, set presenters to everyone or choose (I've tried them all), and send it.  When I launch it, it brings up a log in as guest box with no other options.  I now always cancel out and tell everyone to use Lync and I drag their names into it.  This after 28 times over 2 months trying to use it as a guest where no one can be a presenter. I even reinstalled Lync twice.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

Rob

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • As per the screenshot it seems that you are trying to join the
    meeting using Lync Web App. What if we try to join the online meeting
    using Lync client or Lync Attendee.

Regards,
    Anil

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I checked the updates.  It says there are no new updates. IE9 32 bit still will not allow me to be presenter on this machine but it will on the laptop (which I avoid due to it's cramped clunkiness).

• That Web meeting was one way I tried.  It is irrelevant how I try to join the meeting (web or via email link).  It does not allow me to be presenter.  Spontaneous meetings via Lync do allpw me to be the presenter..  However, by joining using 64bit IE9, I can be the presenter (I use 32bit to avoid other issues using multiple client site collections in 64bit IE9).

• Try to join the Lync online meeting with different format by adding ?sl= at the end of the meeting URL, You should get 'Join using your corporate credentials' option. After putting our valid credential we should be able to join as the presenter.

https://LynconlinemeetingURL?sl=

Regards,
    Anil

• That sounded like a great idea, but no good, the 32bit IE window blinked a half dozen times and finally came up "Join as guest" again (joining has all sharing options greyed out).  The ?sl= invalidates it in 64bit giving a message of "Unsupported browser".

Thanks for trying.  Any other suggestions are welcome!

• I created a new online meeting from outlook using one of my Lync online account, then i tried joining the meeting using IE 32Bit by adding  ?sl= at the end of the meeting URL. Even i got the only option "Join as guest" 

But when i tried to join the meeting by using IE 64Bit i got the error "The web browser is not supported" which is expected

Regards,
    Anil

• It seems to be the default option 'Join as a guest' whenever  meeting is created by any of the Lync online User.
    Even i got the only option 'Join as guest' while joining the meeting using IE 32Bit.

Regards,
    Anil

• It seems to be the default option 'Join as a guest' whenever  meeting is created by any of the Lync online User.
    Even i got the only option 'Join as guest' while joining the meeting using IE 32Bit. You can try with any other lync online user and ask other user to join the meeting by adding  ?sl= at the end of the meeting URL.

Regards,
    Anil

• Any Update

Regards,
    Anil

• Any update

Regards,
    Anil

• No change. The problem remains the same and I am out of ideas.  I can only hope Microsoft fixes the issue in an update.

• Hello Caladan,

Kindly refer the article  for your reference.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/join-from-a-computer-without-lync-online-installed-HA102144899.aspx

• Lync Web App does not include integrated audio and video. It supports all the Lync Online conferencing features except uploading files that are created by using Microsoft PowerPoint presentation graphics program. Additionally, installation of a Microsoft ActiveX control is required for desktop or application sharing. When you join a meeting using Web App, you will appear as a Guest in the participant list.

It seems to be the default behaviour with Lync online User, Please let me know if you have any queries or concern.

Regards,
    Anil

• Hello Caladen,

When you join a meeting using Web App, you will appear as a Guest in the participant list, which is the default behavior. But if we create a Lync online meeting from outlook and in the meeting options under 'Access and Presenters' in Presenter section if we select 'People I choose' option, then we can join the meeting as a presenter through Lync online client.

Note:  If we are selecting 'People I choose' option and if we are trying to join the meeting through Lync web App it is still not going to work, but it will work if we are trying to join the meeting as a presenter through Lync online client.

Regards,
    Anil

• Hello Caladan,

Any update

Regards,
    Anil

• Why would anything change?  It does not work in 32bit and 64 bit does not bring up a signout page.  So I use 64 bit IE to sign into meetings and 32 bit for everything else.

Nothing has changed.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

1|2|3|4