No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No one can be presenter for Lync meetings

• 7 Followers
  • 50 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Cannot be presenter for Lync meetings no matter what options I choose when setting up the meeting.  The ONLY option presented to log into the meeting is as a guest.  I've been using Lync for 6 months and this has been a constant problem.

There are no error messages.  I simply choose to schedule an online meeting in Outlook, set presenters to everyone or choose (I've tried them all), and send it.  When I launch it, it brings up a log in as guest box with no other options.  I now always cancel out and tell everyone to use Lync and I drag their names into it.  This after 28 times over 2 months trying to use it as a guest where no one can be a presenter. I even reinstalled Lync twice.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

Rob

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 275
All Replies
  • Yes, that is the procedure I follow to set up an online meeting.

I tried the install/configuration for the 3rd time in a week (plus 5 times in the past 6 months).  No change.  Log in as Guest

Tried the Web scheduler again (14th time) makes no difference. Same result - Log in as Guest.

Could it be the add-in with IE?  As I said, the Add-ons appear dysfunctional as IE often asks me to choose add-ons, despite them all being listed as active.  Maybe it's IE that needs to be reinstalled.  It is the 32bit version of IE.

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • IE always promts that you can disable add ons, when you look at the add ons this causes the message to go away.  Then randomly it appears back, may be casue an add on has been updated.

One thought, the email account that you use to scedule the meeting, is it the same account as the Lync account?

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Where did you download the Lync Software for your PC from?  Did it come from the portal or when you went to join a meeting?  This may seem ridiculous or may not, some people download the Lync Attendee program thinking that is the Lync Software.

Richard Duheaume

365 services

Custom Websites

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Good to know. Thx.

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • From the portal.  Good point though.  I understand that you get the Attendee version from the email link and that one is different.  

Thanks.

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Rob,

Thanks for your feedback.
    From the information provided, the issue may be caused that Lync client isn’t activated when clicking the Lync Online meeting URL.

From the description, you are using IE 9. Based on the current situation, you may refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Check whether MeetingJoinHelper Class ActiveX control is open under All add-ons.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-add-ons-in-Internet-Explorer-9

2. Add "https://*.lync.com" to Trusted sites in Internet Explorer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360 
    3. If the issue persists, test the issue on other computer at different network environment, such as home network. If the issue doesn't occur, please refer to the following article to reset Internet Explorer Settings to see if it works.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 
    Please note that, when resetting Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customization are deleted. Therefore, if there are some important add-ons or customizations, please back them up before resetting IE.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  •  The add on is not appearing.  Shall I try to install it yet again? (4th time in last two weeks).  Am I supposed to choose the 32bit version instead of 64bit? (kind of like IE can't work properly in 64bit).

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I've tried reinstalling it from the Home page of Office 365, choosing 64bit.  Why is this add on not installing?

Thanks!

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Caladan,

From the screenshot, the issue should be caused that the ActiveX control isn’t installed.

For the concern about 32-bit or 64-bit:
    If you are using 64-bit Windows 7, you should install 64-bit Lync 2010. If you are using 32-bit Windows 7, you should install 32-bit Lync 2010. Based on my experience, 32-bit Lync cannot be installed at 64-bit Windows operation system.

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps.
    1. Check whether you are using 32-bit IE. Click Start > All Programs > Internet Explorer.

2. Test the issue on other computer. If the issue doesn't occur, please refer to the following article to reset Internet Explorer Settings to see if it works.
    Please note that, when resetting Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customization are deleted. Therefore, if there are some important add-ons or customizations, please back them up before resetting IE.

Thanks,
    Claud 

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  • I have both versions tho I run the 32bit on MS' recommendation due to 64bit issues in Office365.  I will try the 32bit.  In addition, ActiveX is turned on in both the Internet and trusted sites - both "Run ActiveX" and "Script ActiveX".

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I tried to install the 32bit version.  It refused saying I am required to use the 64bit on a 64bit machine.  Yet I use the 32bit version of IE.  Maybe I have to bounce back & forth between the 32bit & 64bit IE to use Lync meetings?  and use the 32bit for my site.

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Launching the meeting in 64bit took me into the meeting with presenter rights.  This is the issue!  It appears I WILL have to bounce between versions, copying the meeting into a 64bit window to get presenter rights.  What a hassle!  I hope this is being noted and scheduled for a fix soon.

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Caladan,

Thanks for your feedback and the information of the issue shared.
    Do you mean that when you use 32-bit IE to open the meeting URL, Lync client cannot be lauuched? 

If so, please test the issue on other computer. If the issue doesn't occur, please refer to the following article to reset Internet Explorer Settings to see if it works.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  • I finally got my laptop configured after an hour of trying and tried it there.  It works fine. Logged me in as presenter.  I could not determine if the browser was 32 or64 bit though. It is whatever the default is.  I used your link and did the reset.  It failed as the Lync meeting login asked me to login as a guest with no other options.  So something else must be causing this corruption.  Ideas?

Rob Moses

Caladan Consulting, Inc.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Caladan,

You may click Tools at right upper corner at Internet Explorer 9, and click About Internet Explorer to check whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit IE9.

32-bit IE9:

64-bit IE9:

Moreover, you may check whether all important windows updates are installed, especially the update related to Internet Explorer 9.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
Page 2 of 4 (51 items) |1|2|3|4|