No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Chat disappearing?

This question is answered This question is answered
When I start a chat with someone, after you close that chat box, it disappears. Is it possible to keep all your chats there with that individual and staying in the chat box until the end of the day or whenever you log out? That is, I would like all the chats/history of the chats of that particular session/day to stay there.
Verified Answer
  • Hi jimbo74,

To continue a previous conversation, you can perform the following steps:

1. In Lync 2010 client, click the Conversations button. 

2. Double click a previous conversation. You can continue a previous conversation in the open window.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

All Replies
  • Hi jimbo74,

To continue a previous conversation, you can perform the following steps:

1. In Lync 2010 client, click the Conversations button. 

2. Double click a previous conversation. You can continue a previous conversation in the open window.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi jimbo74,

How are the things going? Do you need any further assistance on this issue?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• what I'm really wanting is the ability for that chat to stay there all day without me having to do anything.

• @ jimbo74

Do you mean: close the "X" icon on the chat window, but still stay the chat. as far as I know it's impossible.

• Yes, this is what I want to do.  Google chat does it very well.

• Hi Jimbo74,

After closing the chat window, you can still check the conversation history in Outlook. To do so, you can refer the following article:

1. On the Lync 2010 sign-in screen, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner. This action opens the Options page.
    2. On the Options page, click Personal. Select “none” from the dropdown list under “Personal information manager”.  Click OK.
    3. Wait for a while. Then Select “Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook” from the dropdown list under “Personal information manager”. Click OK.
    4. Launch Outlook.
    5. Send Instant Message to one user in your contact list in Lync client. Close the window.
    6. Click “Conversation History” under mailbox. You will find the conversation history even though you have closed the chat window.

If the above information doesn’t meet your requirement, as to the feature you discussed here, to make it better meet your requirements, you can submit your feedback by using the following link:http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Microsoft%20%20Online%20%20Services/Feedback.aspx?formID=210&15=10037FFE80644633&5=Admin&3=Lite&UrlReferrer=homePageLayout

In addition, we welcome you to keep your eye on the forum for any updates on the features that concern you.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong