No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Distribution Group Service is unavailable. Pls try again.If problem continues, pls contact ur support team with this info

• 2 Followers
  • 9 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Microsoft,

When this guy tries to talk to any Group/D.L on Lync, he gets the above Error.

I am able to all the Groups/D.L etc with no issue

Steps tried:

1.Reinstalled Lync

2.Deleted Sip Folder including the ABS files

3.Deleted Tracing folder

How 2 fix this problem?

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi RamuZKing,

I understand that when sending message to the distribution group added in the Lync 2010 client, the error message “Distribution Group Service is unavailable. Please try again. If problem continues, please contact our support team with this info” was received by a user. However, you are able to communicate with these groups. The issue persists after performing the following steps:

1. Reinstalled the Lync client
    2. Deleted Sip Folder including the ABS files
    3. Deleted Tracing folder

To troubleshoot the issue, I suggest running Desktop Setup from Downloads on the Microsoft Online Portal. If you can communicate with the distribution groups that mentioned, I suggest the user log on another computer to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, please suggest the user to check if the user can communicate with the distribution group from Outlook Web App.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • Monica,

Thanks 4 ur help

but how do i do this?

To troubleshoot the issue, I suggest running Desktop Setup from Downloads on the Microsoft Online Portal. If you can communicate with the distribution groups that mentioned, I suggest the user log on another computer to troubleshoot the issue.

Our lync Servers are on the Microsoft Cloud, and not on_Premise unfortunately.

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Any response 2 my quesitons?

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Any response 2 my quesitons?

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi RamuZKing,

To run Desktop Setup, you can refer the following steps:

1. Log on the Office 365 Online Portal https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ with your account and password.
    2. On the Admin page, under Resources in the right pane, click Downloads. Once at the Downloads page, under Set up and configure your Office desktop apps, click Set up.
    3. Follow the wizard to finish the process.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Monica,

Its still not working unfortunately. I had him try the D.G Internal URL from IE and it gives "Page cant be displayed". No Proxy settings are enabled.

I have a open ticket with M.S which is [SR Number was removed by Moderator], but as of now its not fixed

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi RamuZKing,

Thank you for providing the service request number. After checking it, I noticed that the support engineer has provided information for you. How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Its still not resolved Monica,

He is suggesting very basic troubleshooting Steps, which i have already done.

Also, when we click on the DG URL Internal, it says "Page cannot be displayed" on IE for this guy.

There is no proxy enabled.

Can you help?

ramu

Ramu

Ramu Z King

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Ramu,

I understand that the issue hasn’t been resolved. For your situation, you can inform the support engineer that the steps you have performed. Then he will provide you other troubleshooting steps based on your situation specifically. Since the support engineer has further researched your issue, it’s recommended to continue working with him to fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)