No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Uninstall microsoft online services sign in application

This question is answered This question is answered

hello,

i'm trying to uninstall this progarm by bacth file through GPO after the trantion but sometimes it works and somtimes not,

i use this command "Msiexec /x  "file://server%20name/Programs/Office 365\Remove Microsoft Online Services Sign-in\OnlineServicesSignIn-en.msi" /m /qb /norestart

is there any other way to make this done ????

Verified Answer
  • Hi mendi,

I understand that you want to use the command "Msiexec /x "file://server%20name/Programs/Office 365\Remove Microsoft Online Services Sign-in\OnlineServicesSignIn-en.msi" /m /qb /norestart to uninstall this program, but sometimes it doesn’t work.
    I have tested this command on our side, it works well. Based on my experience, this problem can be related to various factors. To help to trace the root cause of this issue, you may check the Application event log on a problematic computer for more information.
    Please follow below steps to narrow down your issue:
    1.You can use the command ‘eventvwr’ to check the application log.
    2.If you get some error message from some computer, you can run this command on that computer directly.
    3.By the way, you can also uninstall this OnlineServiceSignin tool with “Add/Remove program” feature in control panel on client computer manually as a workaround.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi mendi,

During the uninstallation process, abnormal uninstallation will cause some problems like this.
    You can fix this problem by editing register.
    Something information about edit register, you can use search engine such as bing.com to get.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

All Replies
  • Hi mendi,

I understand that you want to use the command "Msiexec /x "file://server%20name/Programs/Office 365\Remove Microsoft Online Services Sign-in\OnlineServicesSignIn-en.msi" /m /qb /norestart to uninstall this program, but sometimes it doesn’t work.
    I have tested this command on our side, it works well. Based on my experience, this problem can be related to various factors. To help to trace the root cause of this issue, you may check the Application event log on a problematic computer for more information.
    Please follow below steps to narrow down your issue:
    1.You can use the command ‘eventvwr’ to check the application log.
    2.If you get some error message from some computer, you can run this command on that computer directly.
    3.By the way, you can also uninstall this OnlineServiceSignin tool with “Add/Remove program” feature in control panel on client computer manually as a workaround.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• hi,

thanks for the answer.

there is something wired,

after the computers did restart then some uninstalled the application and some look like the application uninstalled but it is opened while the computer is startup and when i try to uninstall manually with the script it says that the application does'nt exist and i can see it in add/remove programs.

• Hi mendi,

During the uninstallation process, abnormal uninstallation will cause some problems like this.
    You can fix this problem by editing register.
    Something information about edit register, you can use search engine such as bing.com to get.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Hi mendi,

I want to check if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Robert Li