No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync Online 1000 Capacity

This question is answered This question is answered

I see that Lync Online now has a meeting capacity of 1000, versus its original capacity of 250.  Are there any features lost when you host a meeting over 250 attendees e.g. you must use a third party conferencing provider versus Lync audio, cannot upload Power Points or desktop share in meetings that large?  Just having a hard time finding out whether a meeting of that size results in limited feature sets (already aware that it's not designed to scale that high and could be cumbersome to manage).

Thanks,

Paullijr17

Verified Answer
  • Hi Paullijr17,    

Where did you see the Lync online meeting capacity upgrade information?

I haven’t received any information about this upgrade. In the Microsoft Lync Online for Enterprises Service Description.docx which is updated on March 22, 2012, I find that the maximum meeting attendee capacity is 250. The Service Description can be downloaded from the site http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13602.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Paullijr17,

I have confirmed the upgrade information with Lync product team. Currently, the Lync online meeting capacity is still 250. I suggest you watch out our Office 365 Community forum for updates about this issue.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

All Replies
  • Hi Paullijr17,    

Where did you see the Lync online meeting capacity upgrade information?

I haven’t received any information about this upgrade. In the Microsoft Lync Online for Enterprises Service Description.docx which is updated on March 22, 2012, I find that the maximum meeting attendee capacity is 250. The Service Description can be downloaded from the site http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13602.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy,

Here is just one example of where I saw the capacity was increased to 1000.  news.softpedia.com/.../Lync-Online-Conference-Maximum-Number-of-Participants-Increased-to-1-000-234550.shtml

I see in the service description that the capacity is still listed as 250, so I'll work off that until I hear something more official about a cap 1000 limit for Lync Online and Lync Server 2010.

Thanks,

Paullijr17

• Hi Paullijr17,

I have confirmed the upgrade information with Lync product team. Currently, the Lync online meeting capacity is still 250. I suggest you watch out our Office 365 Community forum for updates about this issue.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Paullijr17,

Do you have any other questions about this issue?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi Mindy,

No you addressed my inquiry.  Thank you very much!

Paullijr17