No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

LYNC 2010 Mobile fo Droid X2

• 4 Followers
  • 14 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
When will LYNC 2010 be available for Droid X2 and all other Android Phones? Will the mobile app have all the functions of the on line app for Windows and MAC?
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Sorry I responded to the wrong issue. The LYNC Mobile download issue was celared up after I spoke with customer support from Verizon. It was an android market place fileter that caused the issue. It is now resolved after changing the content filters at the marketplace.

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Lync is already available for Android.

market.android.com/details

We might see other features in the next versions, but for now that's what we have.

--- Microsoft Community Contributor ---
    • Top 150 Contributor
  • The answer is not complete. I tried to download the app. I have a droid X2 so I am out of luck.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Phil,

Thanks for Chris response on this issue, and you may get Lync 2010 for android from the link Chris suggested. Also you may refer to the description on the downloading page for detailed information.

Tip:  For using Lync 2010 for Android. You need to be running Android 2.3 or higher.

For the information about Deploying Mobile Clients,  you may refer the following article:
    Set up Lync mobile devices (for administrators)
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/lync/1040.aspx
    Deploying Mobile Clients (for end users)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh691005.aspx

For the information about Mobile Client Comparison Tables, you may refer the following article
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh691004.aspx

If you have other questions, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Phil,

Any update on this issue?  Did my above information help you?

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • I did download a copy of the comparison chart. Igt helped explain the shortcomings of LYNC 2011 for MAC. The main ones being that it does not afford a company team member the same functional capability of LYNC 2010 for windows. This gap may become problematic with our creative side of the business.

We are testing out one feature shown in LYNC 2011 for MAC “Join and control a PowerPoint presentation initiated from a Windows desktop.”  We are assuming this means that I can schedule an on line meeting (I am a Windows User) and open up a PowerPoint presentation on the stage for all to see, then assign presenter rights to a MAC 2011/LYNC 2011 user who can "control the PowerPoint presentation." If this works our issue may be resolved, at least for PowerPoint.

Bottom line is that Microsoft and Apple need to make nice loing enough to have LYNC be one product thast supports any platform including MAC, Windows, and Android...so much for an open world.

When todays test is complete I will provide feedback via this string. Test is bveing conducted at 2PM EST. If you want an invite provide your e-mail.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Sorry I responded to the wrong issue. The LYNC Mobile download issue was celared up after I spoke with customer support from Verizon. It was an android market place fileter that caused the issue. It is now resolved after changing the content filters at the marketplace.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Tested the LYNC 2010 for the Droid X2. It connects to a meeting from the invite however the on hold music keeps on playing and I could not participate in the meeting because I could not hear anyone and they could not hear me.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • I have downloaded and installed LYNC 2010 MObile for my Droid X2 phone. I accepted an on line meeting invite from an e-mail. I went through the check in process and when complete all I heard was the musci played while on hold. The host could hear me (Barely) and I heard them once. All the while the music blared on and I could not participate in the meeting.

We could not figure out a way to clear it up.

We had someone else dial into the intercall number we provided and we were unsure if they should have gained access to the LYNC on line meeting.

No IT experts at our small business.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Phil,

Did you set up the Lync mobile devices referring to the article provided by Evan?

Thanks,
    Josephine Meng

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hello Josephine

I did. It turned out that the issue was with the Android Market filter settings. Onece I adjusted those the download and install worked like a charm. I tested it out by accepting an on line meeting invite with LYNC Mobile app. I connected to the meeting however no one could hear me or me them. The only sound I heard was the music played when put on hold on a call. The meeting invite had no constraints on attendees since we never ask anyone to wait to enter a meeting.

The other test we attempted was for someone to enter a meeting by using our conference call provider Inter Call which is on your approved list. That did not work. We will work with them as to why that option was not successful.

If we can resove the Mobile issue that is a great leap forward for our team members and clients.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Phil,

Thanks for your update and information. I'm glad to hear that you have successfully downloaded and installed the Lync mobile client for use.

Features supported by Lync mobile clients include presence, instant messaging (IM), contacts, and the ability join a conference call by having your audio conferencing provider call the mobile device.

In this situation, we could wait in meeting lobby, but we can only join a meeting which was audio conferencing provider (ACP)-enabled. So you may need to troubleshoot this issue with the ACP firstly.

For more information, please refer to  technet.microsoft.com/.../hh691004.aspx

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Evan,

You have answered the ACP question and we will work with In ter Call on that one. You have not addressed the issue where I tired to connect to a meeting using my smart phone with LYNC 2010 Mobile installed, it connects to the on line meeting but I can only hear "lobby music" after attempting to joine the meeting from the "Join this meeting" link on the invite.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Phil,

Thanks for the information.

Features supported by Lync mobile clients didn't include join a meeting which was ACP-disabled, so we could only hear the "lobby music" but couldn't really attend a meeting. sorry for the un-clearly explanation.

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Phil,

I'm writting to follow up my previous reply. And I would like to know if you need further assistants, if so, please feel free to respond.

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)