No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Lync not showing correct status on mac

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I am using Lync 14.0.4 (130117) on mac OS 10.8.3. No Outlook. I use Apple mail and ical. 

Able to use Lync and can see the status of others properly.

Issue is my status is not reflected properly - like I have meetings on my calendar but that is not reflected in Lync status 

Is there a solution.workaround to fix this? Please let me know

All Replies
  • Hi Jagan,

I would like to confirm whether you have the issue on another Mac.

To troubleshoot this issue, please check the settings in Lync Preferences:

1. Start Lync, click Preferences.
    2. Click Account.
    3. Under Microsoft Exchange and Outlook Settings, make sure the Update my presence based on calendar information option is checked.

Best Regards,
    Bruce Zhou

• Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this but no change. I did a clean uninstall and re-install - still no change. It does not reflect correct status of mine.

Any other suggestions please?

• Hi Jagan,

I understand that you are encountering an issue that Lync for Mac doesn’t show the proper status. However, there is another team being concentrated in Lync for Mac issues. It is recommended that you contact the support there to involve a professional engineer to solve the particular issue. This is so the question can be answered quickly and efficiently. Thanks for your understanding.

Contact a Microsoft support expert for Lync for Mac 2011 problems.

Best Regards,
    Maggie Li