Lync 2013 keeps popping up

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I've searched the forum for a solution, but no luck yet.

If I start Outlook, Lync 2013 pops up infront. If I start Word, Lync 2013 pops up ... and it's every time.

I only have Lync 2013 (never had 2010). I've tried repair Office 365 - no luck.

Any idea - several users is exiting Lync because it pops up all the time.

It does not ask for credentils, it is logged on.

Any idea?

Thanks

Mojo

All Replies
  • Hi Mojo,

For further troubleshooting, I’d like to confirm the following information with you:

1. Did you download the Lync 2013 as part of the Office 2013 from the Office 365 admin center?

2. Which operating system are you using?

3. Do other Lync accounts encounter the same issue when logging in on your computer?

4. Have you tried log in your Lync account using another computer? Does the same issue occur?

Thanks,

Allen Zhang

• Hi Allan,

1. Well It happens on my Pc (Win 8), which has downloaded it from 365 admin center, but it also happens on Win 2012 RDS with Office 2013 Plus VOL installed.

2. Win 8 and Win 2012.

3. Yes - just tried with another user, and opening Words pops up Lync.

4. Yes I tried loggin in to Win 2012 via RDS and Lync pops up when I open words.

Thanks

Morten

• Hi Morten,

Thanks for your detailed clarification. I have tested this under Windows 8 environment, but do not reproduce the situation. Given the scenario, I suggest you open your Task Manager and check whether there are Lync processes. If yes, please end them and ensure there is no Lync process before opening Word or Outlook. 

After this, create a new blank Word document, open it and verify whether the issue persists. 

If the issue persists under this situation, I’d like to collect more information for further troubleshooting.

1. When you open Word or Outlook client and before Lync pops up, is your Lync client running? 

2. When you mentioned “Lync pops up”, the Lync you meant is Lync panel for chating, Lync sign-in panel, or something else? Can you provide a screenshot?

3. As you may know, running Office 2013 needs to log into your Microsoft ID or Office 365 account. I want to know which account you were logging in.

Best Regards,
    Maggie Li 

• Hi Maggie,

If I close Lync (which always crashes when I close it) and make sure there's no Lync processes running, it does not start, when starting word - I need to manually start it again.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes Lync client is always running

Before:

And after clicking Word icon:

3. All users here are logged into their Office 365 account.

Thanks

Morten

• If I write an email or a word document, then the windows pops up several times too. It's not only when I start Word.

• Hi Morten,

I understand your frustration in dealing with the issue that Lync 2013 keeps popping up. After further research, I find this issue often happens to a computer with both Office 2013 and Office 2010. Therefore, I suggest you try the following steps on a problematic PC to see if the issue can be solved.

1. Make sure there is only Office 2013 installed. If not, remove Office 2010.

2. Perform clean boot to help eliminate software conflicts, by performing the detailed steps from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135.

3. After you perform the steps above, try repairing Office 2013 again.

If the issue persists, please check to see if there are some related Event logs and provide me with them. To view Event Logs, in Control Panel->choose Small icons view->click Administrative Tools-> double-click Event Viewer.‌ In the Event Viewer, collect the related error logs about Lync 2013 or Office 2013.

Thanks,

Maggie Li 

• Hi Maggie,

It didn't help but I get this in event viewer:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          27-04-2013 14:11:02

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

Description:

The server {A0651028-BA7A-4D71-877F-12E0175A5806} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

And {A0651028-BA7A-4D71-877F-12E0175A5806} is Lync.UCOfficeIntegration.

Any idea?

• Hi Morten,

Can you copy and paste the information under General section in Event Viewer? For example, the screenshot from my side is as below. 

In addition, I’d like to know whether you have ever installed Office 2010 in these problematic PCs. 

Best Regards,
    Maggie Li 

• Here you go...

• Hi Morten,

I have sent you a private message with the information of a workspace. Please run MOSDAL Support Toolkit to collect detailed information and upload the files to the workspace. You can refer to the steps below:

1. Download and install the MOSDAL Support Toolkit from the following Microsoft website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=626
    2. Run the MOSDAL Support Toolkit, select Lync Online from the list of Office 365 services, and then click Next.
    3. Enter your user ID and password, and then click Next.
    4. On the next screen, restart Lync, and then reproduce the issue.
    5. When the report is finished, locate the MOSDALREPORT.zip file in the Documents\MOSDAL library.
    6. In Office 365 forum, go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.
    7. Click Private messages.
    8. Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
    9. You can reply by using the form that displayed.
    10. Click Submit Reply.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• I had Office 2010 installed on my computer, but I already removed office 2010, did a clean boot and repaired Office 365. This problem with the Lync popping up, also exists on Win 2012 RDS which had Office 2007 installed prior to installing Office 365. On Win 2012 RDS I also tried do a clean boot and repair Office 365 - that didn't help.

• Hi Morten,

Thank you a lot for providing the video. Could you please also provide the tenant domain via private message?

Best regards,
    Mindy Pan

• Any news? Thanks.

• Where did support go? :(

• What was the final resolution to this?  I'm running into the exact same issue in my environment.