No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

HELP! "This account can't be used to access Outlook.com"

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I canceled my Office 365 account months ago, hoping that it would solve the problem with an account conflict between Office 365 and Outlook.com.  However, it didn't help, and now I'm still stuck not being able to access Outlook.com, and instead get the following error message:

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com
You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

I have tried multiple forums trying to get assistance with this issue, and have received no help.  I simply need someone to delete my Office 365 account, and also remove any references to my email address and personal domain.

Can anyone help or not?!?

All Replies
  • Hi Jim,

Currently, if you haven’t used any services in Office 365 for more than 90 days, Office 365 will automatically delete this account. You can also contact our Outlook team, from which you could get more detailed information:

If you have some concerns to our product, we recommend you submit feedback about the requirement to our product team. Many features of current programs were designed and upgraded based on customers’ feedback.

Thanks,
    Ella Huang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I don't think that is accurate, since my subscription expired on 8-20-2012, and yet 5 months later here we are...

• Hi Jim,

You can cancel your subscription by contacting Support by phone. Find the phone numbers and business hours for your location.

Thanks,
    Ella Huang
  • Hi Jim,

I’d like to follow up on the issue you posted previously. How is it going on? Have you found useful information from above posts?

If there are still any problems, please feel free to post them here. It’s our honor to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Ella Huang