No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook 2013 (Only) shows disconnected to Office 365

• 4 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I'm running Office 365, with a laptop running Outlook 2010, and desktop 2013 (on Windows 8).   Up until last night both worked fine (as does my android).

Last night Office auto-installed updates.  This morning I cannot connect to Office 365 via Outlook 2013, it says "disconnected".  OWA works, Outlook 2010 works, and Android activesync work.

Doing a test connectivity mostly works, though at one point gives a certificate error, complaining it does not match the host (it is a microsoft cert for *.sharepoint.com dated thru 4/14/13).  Doing the same test on Outlook 2010 does NOT give that error (note I'm running these from the same LAN so same DNS, etc.)

The only change that was made were the automatic install of office 2013 updates.   Same account on both machines, credentials, etc.

Anyone else having trouble after recent updates? 

Any idea how to debug?   I'm assuming that the Office 365 setup is not the issue since Outlook 2010 works fine.  And quite literally last night Outlook shut down working with the unattended reboot, and came up Disconnected.

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Create a new profile and set up account again.

Outlook 2013 is still under preview period. it is not the stable version.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • I am also having problems this morning. I have a few accounts (for my family) using Exchange 365.

Tried to configure a new Windows 8 machine with the Office 2013 preview, and Outlook was not able to discover (or connect when told the exact server) the Exchange server.

Sounds like something recently changed with Exchange/Office 365 on the server side.

Please help.

Thanks, Rob

• Not Ranked
  • I thought the version on MSDN (which I installed) was RTM not preview, as of Oct 11?

• Not Ranked
  • I did nothing, and about 6pm today it started working again.  I think the Office 365 folks had some sort of problem.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)