No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

What is causing the terrible reliability of the email/exchange service? TERRIBLE performance is impacting our business!

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
For the last several weeks, we've suffered through too many service interruptions.  Office 365 reliability is terrible and we will be looking for another solution.
All Replies
  • Hi Joshat5,

Apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Exchange Online issue, and thank you for your feedback about the issue.

We are investigating reports of a potential issue in North America.

We will continue to investigate, and update the information in the wiki page (http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/160/t/75529.aspx) as we learn more. Office 365 tenant administrators can also view information about this issue in the Service Health Dashboard.

To receive notice when the wiki page is updated, sign in to the community and click Subscribe to this wiki page on the right hand side under Options in the wiki page (http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/160/t/75529.aspx). The notification will be sent to the email address that you registered with the Office 365 community.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Joshat5,

The issue has been fixed now. At this point, would you please check the email service on your side? If it persists with your account, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• We also have had 3 major service interuptions the past 3 weeks.  I have checked my Administrators Service Health Dashboard.  The answers are extremely vauge.

My boss demands specific answers since we have lost thousands of dollars of work time due to the issues the past three weeks to these service interuptions;

1) What is the root cuase of these issues?

2) when will a fix be in place to prevent further interuptions?

Cause as described is 'an issue'

Closure Summary: On 11/8/2012 at approximately 7:24 PM UTC, an issue in one of Microsoft's datacenters caused delays in mail flow to occur for some Office 365 users. The problem affected a subset of customers served from the North America region. Microsoft engineers identified the root cause of the issue and put a fix in place. The issue was resolved on 11/9/2012 at 3:25 AM UTC. A complete post-incident report will be available on the Service Health Dashboard within five business days.

• After this post stating a fix had been put in place we had another major outage a few days later.  Still waiting for an explanation and resolution time line

• Same here!  We've had repeated issues over the last several weeks and since we can confirm that everyone affected by an event is on the same MS email server, we're quite confident that the issue is on Microsoft's side.  We're looking into Rackspace and other alternatives.  Office 365 is a fail for us.

• Hi Joshat5 & KeithVTX,

Thanks for your posting back. Apologize for the impacts caused by these issues. I would like to double confirm that are you still experiencing the email delivery or Outlook connection issue? If so, please let me know the symptoms.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Hi Recken  

At this time we are not experiencing any issues with email deliveries.  However, we were told on 11/9/2012 the issue was fixed and had a major outage on 11/13/2012.

Please update us on what has been done to assure our business will not be itterupted in the near future by this same issue?

Thank You

KeithVTX

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Agree with all the customers and turned off by canned responses from MS.  The reliability is poor.  Telling us "Well it's fixed now!" carry's little weight.  We don't believe in nor trust the service.  At any time we feel there will be yet another business halting outage that will go unexplained and minimized by MS and support staff.  You have to make us believe that it wont happen again, be up front and honest, if you want us to swallow "It's all fixed now so stop complaining please" responses.  

I got my free Google Apps account all set up with a back up domain name for transition.

• Hi KeithVTX and Lena,

Regarding to the service incidents recently, I sincerely recommend you to read the following blog for the detailed information.

http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft_office_365_blog/archive/2012/11/13/update-on-recent-customer-issues.aspx

Thanks for your understanding. If there are any other questions about Office 365, welcome to ask in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu