No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Problem connecting Outlook 2007 to Office 365

• 3 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I successfully connected my Outlook 2007 to Office 365 however it gets confused about what Exchange account it is signing into and requires me to affirm the account and password several times after I open Outlook. 

I have multiple profiles, one of which uses my company's exchange server (call it company.com) and one of which uses my personal Office 365 profile (personal.com).  However when I open Outlook under my personal.com profile it still attempts to connect with my company.com exchange server, even though company.com is not an account in this profile.

Somehow in setting up my profile for Office 365 using personal.com Outlook has become very confused.  I have already removed the profile, resetup and rebooted with no success.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this. 

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hello Ren,

To narrow down this problem, I suggest removing all Outlook profile and setting it one by one.

1). Please first remove all Outlook profiles: close Outlook, click Start, select Control Panel, choose Mail, click Show Profiles and remove all profiles

2). If you are using Windows 7, clear related credential cache: click Start, select Control Panel, choose Credential Manager, remove all related credential cache

3). Create new profile: click Start, select Control Panel, choose Mail, click Show Profiles and click add to create a new profile, cancel the following account setting

4). Go to Downloads page from portal, re-run Setup office desktop apps

5). Open Outlook and perform auto account configuration, or you can set the account manually through method 3 in KB 2404385.

This time, when you open Outlook, you will be required to provide password of your Office 365 account and connect to Office 365.

Then you can create another profile and add your company account to see if the problem persists.

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Lester, that solution did the trick.  Thank you very much.

Ren

• Not Ranked
All Replies
  • Hello Ren,

To narrow down this problem, I suggest removing all Outlook profile and setting it one by one.

1). Please first remove all Outlook profiles: close Outlook, click Start, select Control Panel, choose Mail, click Show Profiles and remove all profiles

2). If you are using Windows 7, clear related credential cache: click Start, select Control Panel, choose Credential Manager, remove all related credential cache

3). Create new profile: click Start, select Control Panel, choose Mail, click Show Profiles and click add to create a new profile, cancel the following account setting

4). Go to Downloads page from portal, re-run Setup office desktop apps

5). Open Outlook and perform auto account configuration, or you can set the account manually through method 3 in KB 2404385.

This time, when you open Outlook, you will be required to provide password of your Office 365 account and connect to Office 365.

Then you can create another profile and add your company account to see if the problem persists.

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Ren,

Has the problem been solved?

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Lester, that solution did the trick.  Thank you very much.

Ren

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)