No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook (2007) is Constantly Restarting

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
All,

My Outlook is constantly restarting!!!!! I've gone through the trouble-shooting, re installed Office, have all the patches, and run the fixes on the pst and ost files, deleted and re-created my profile.   Nothing has resolved this issue!  I've done some internet research, and this seems to be a common problem but it there a fix?

Butch

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Butch,

As I understand, the Outlook 2007 keeps crashes on your computer.

Before moving on, I want to confirm with you first.
    1. The Outlook crash every time you open the special message, or when you close it, or just when you start it?
    2. Are there any error messages for this?

I understand the inconvenience that Outlook crash has bought to you. Currently, I suggest you use the Outlook safe mode to see if the issue persists. This function may disable the Outlook add-ins if you have installed one.
    Moreover, could you please use another computer to set up Outlook account to see if the issue persists?

For the Outlook crashing issue, I suggest you refer to the KB below to troubleshoot the issue.
    Outlook 2007: Troubleshooting Outlook Crashes

Thanks for your time to try the suggestions in the KB and please let me know if that helps you.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thanks Eric,

No particular message causes the crash.   Once I start outlook , after 5 - 7 mins it restarts.  I've worked the 2007 Trouble-shooting suggestions.  In safe mode I have the same issue.  I exported the pst file to outlook 2003 on another pc and had no problems.      I have all of the cumulative updates.  I have used the command line switches. I thought there was a corrupt calendar entry.  After using most of the switches I still have the same issue.  I deleted my exchange profile and created another one...still the same issue.  I have a POP server profile that I used to use before trying Office 365.  That runs fine without any crashes.  I have not done and registry edits at this point.

Butch

• Not Ranked
  • Eric,

Also, I do not get an error message.  I just get a message that states that Outlook is restarting.

Butch

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Butch,

Thanks for your update.

Before moving on, I want to confirm the following information.
    In which way you connect to Office 365 account to Outlook 2007, auto-configuration or manual configuration?
    Outlook 2007 only supports one exchange account connected in one user profile.

As the .PST file works fine on other computer which installed Outlook 2003, could you please import to Outlook 2007 on that computer to have a test?

Moreover, I suggest you create a new windows user account on your computer, and then add the email account to Outlook 2007 to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, it should be a client related issue; I suggest you go to Office forum for help. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Eric Sun

• Top 100 Contributor
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)