No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Move from Office 365 to outlook.com

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,  I am coming to the end of my Office 365 trial and i have decided that it isnt for me.  I have a custom domain and associated email address and i dont want to lose it so i want to move it to a hotmail/outlook.com account.  Do i have to remove my domain from office 365 before i can then add it to hotmail/outlook.com? is this straight forward to do?  I have my hosting(?) with melbourne IT.

I also have a wp7 and xbox and i have read horror stories of people losing xboxlive gold/zune subsciptions, am i in danger of doing this as my liveid is my email address?

Thanks in advance

All Replies
  • Hi nickcraggs,

Thank you for your post here.

Unfortunately, our team does not support the outlook.com, however you may check out the following links which you may find helpful:

1.If you would like to know the next step when Office 365 trial ending,please refer Office 365 trial ending - now I only want email
    2.If you have any concerns about outlook.com,please go following link.

Hotmail Help & How-to

Thanks,

Keats Ge

• Hi nickcraggs,

How are things going?Do you have any update about this issue?

Thanks,

Keats Ge

• Hi,

I setup a new outlook.com account but i couldnt get me Melbourne IT registration to link to it.  I had the MX records but it needed an A record to point to it.  I looked all over and tried anything but i couldnt get it to work.

However, i notice the my old hotmail account left over from Office Small business, or what ever i was using before office 365, which originally had my domain on it was receiving the emails to it.  So i am using this now and it is working fine, i have the free email that iwanted using my domain, but it isnt the new outlook.com interface, but i dont mind.  

It worked out OK in the end.

• Hi nickcraggs,

Thanks for your update the information here, and I appreciate your efforts. If you have any other questions, welcome to ask in the forum.

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu