No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Mailboxes not updating

• 2 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have several users in the office who use Outlook 2010 desktop for thier e-mail.  They have access to other mail boxes and I have given them permission to there mailboxes thru powershell.  At times, oe of the mailboxes will just disappear from thier mailbox, other time, they will not see mail updates for other mailboxes and updates will stop for one or two days.   Then it will work again.

I have tried repair on thier mailboxes, tried to delete and recreate thier profile, but it is still happening.  Not sure if removing Outlook from thier workstation and re-installing would help.

Please let me know if there is way to fix this issue or if there is a tool out there to help.

Thanks,

Bilal

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on the situation, I would like to confirm the following information:

Since a few of the users have the issue, if there are some special operations on them, especially the settings in Outlook?

You can refer to the following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. When the above issue occurs in Outlook, please let the affected users check whether they can use Open Other Mailbox to access the shared mailbox at Outlook Web App (OWA).

2. When the issue about the emails are not update occurs, please close the Cached Exchange Mode temporarily to see if it works.

Please refer to the following steps: Click File>Click Account Settings>Click Account Settings…>double click the mailbox>unclick the Use Cashed Exchange Mode.

Thanks,

Anna Shi

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Bilal,

Based on your description, I would like to confirm more information:

Do you mean that all the users or just one user have the issue on the other mailboxes?

To narrow down the issue, please create another shared mailbox and grant Full Access permission to these users one by one, instead of using security.

Detailed information please refer to the following link: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441202(d=loband).aspx?sl=1

When the issue occurs next time, please test whether the issue occurs at OWA via open other user’s mailbox. Please refer to the following link: help.outlook.com/.../bb899681.aspx

Thanks,

Anna Shi

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Anna,

Only a few users have this issue.  I can open other user's mailbox and see all contents fine from the web.  The issue is intermittent, and some time it starts working on its own.  I have deleted the profile and recreated it several times with no luck.  There is plenty of disk space on the machine, so it is not an issue with that.  All permissions are being granted thru Powershell.  

Thanks,

Bilal

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on the situation, I would like to confirm the following information:

Since a few of the users have the issue, if there are some special operations on them, especially the settings in Outlook?

You can refer to the following steps to narrow down the issue:

1. When the above issue occurs in Outlook, please let the affected users check whether they can use Open Other Mailbox to access the shared mailbox at Outlook Web App (OWA).

2. When the issue about the emails are not update occurs, please close the Cached Exchange Mode temporarily to see if it works.

Please refer to the following steps: Click File>Click Account Settings>Click Account Settings…>double click the mailbox>unclick the Use Cashed Exchange Mode.

Thanks,

Anna Shi

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Bilal,

How are the things going?Do you need further assistance on the issue?

Thanks,

Anna Shi

• Top 25 Contributor
  • Hi Anna,

I think the problem is with the profile, the Local Copy.  When I remove the Cashed Exchange or when I create a new prfile, the data gets updated.  The new profile gets corrupt on its own.  I will be keeping an eye on the new profiles created to see if there is an action that the user is doing to cause it to get corrupt.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Bilal

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Bilal,

I’m very glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We highly appreciate your time and efforts on the issue.

Moreover, if you have any other questions when using Office 365, please post a new thread in the forum. We will glad to provide any assistance.

Thanks,

Anna Shi

• Top 25 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)