No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

New hybrid 2010 exchange server unable to move mailboxes to exchange online

This question is not answered This question is not answered

I just finished setting up a new Exchange 2010 hybrid server. I am trying to move mailboxes from on premises Exchange 2003 server to the Exchange online service. When I create a new remote mailbox move I get an error

Error:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
'c8b41149-2430-46f5-a744-51b3f9391c09' | New-MoveRequest -Remote -RemoteHostName 'msg02.ism.ws' -RemoteCredential 'System.Management.Automation.PSCredential' -TargetDeliveryDomain 'napmsso.mail.onmicrosoft.com'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:05

I have used the powershell command to enable mrsproxy already. 

All Replies
  • Hi Joe,

Thanks for your post. I'd like to know, how do you setup hybrid deployment use HCW or use manual configuration?  I'm asking this because I'd like to know the hybrid is been deployed properly or not. You can check here for detail, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh582245.aspx

Based on the error message, the mailbox can't move to the cloud. It could be related to incorrect configuration or 3rd party certificate and sender/receive connector.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• You are correct- hybrid configuration is not complete\correct- I have been working with support on the issue- it's open in ticket [modify by support]

Last night in my research I found an article that said I need to request a hotfix from Microsoft support in order to allow the use of a wildcard certificate on my hybrid server. Here's a link to that article:

www.proexchange.be/.../hybrid-configuration-wizard-fails-when-using-a-wildcard-certificate.aspx

CAn you hjelp me get that hotfix? Let me know if there's an email or place I can send you the current service request information.

• Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting back and sorry for delay the reply. For the current situation, I'd like you can continue work with our SE. I will help to monitor your case and update the information as soon as possible.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Joe,

There is no update in the forum for a couple of days. Would you please update the latest status of the issue? If it has been resolved, you are appreciated to share the solution here.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu