No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

creating info@mycompany.com

This question is answered This question is answered

I need to create an info address and forward everything off it to few users.

I tried to follow those instructions:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/wikis/exchange/1712.aspx

created a distro group and checked box for security group.

alias: info@mycompany.com

when i get credentials window and enter my admin user name and pass, i got an error, but after several tries it went through.

than i got a prompt to enter name, alias .

can someone explain what exactly do i enter there?

tried numerous times and kept received error that group doesn't exist.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Emilk,

According to your description, I realize that you would like to create a Distribution Group, and add few users to receive emails sent to the distribution group from internal and external.

To troubleshoot this issue, please create a new distribution group to test this issue, do not set this group as a security group. You can refer to: help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newdistributiongroup.aspx.

After creating a distribution group, select the new group, click Details, under Delivery Management, select Senders inside and outside of my organization instead of Only senders inside my organization, click Save.

Thanks,

Vivian Wang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Emilk,

According to your description, I realize you want to create an email account and then forwarded the messages sent to this account to few other users.

If this is the case, first, you can create a security group, and add the users you want to receive your emails into to the security group referring to :

http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.newdistributiongroup.aspx

Second, you can create a Shared Mailbox using PowerShell, assign the security group the FullAccess permission to access the shared mailbox, then the members can open the shared mailbox, read e-mail, and use the calendar.

If you want the users to send emails using the same address, you can assign the security group the SendAs permission to the shared mailbox.  

Please refer to http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441202.aspx

If you have tried the steps and still get the error, please clarify the situation in detail and post a screenshot of the situation here for us to further research .

Thanks,

Vivian Wang

• Well, if its possible, i'd rather have a distribution group with email address, that will receive messages from outside and not keep anything. I have created a distro group, and added check mark to allow it to receive emails from outside, but when i send to that address, i get a reply "Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted. "

Can that be done with out doing anything extra in Power Shell?

• Hi Emilk,

According to your description, I realize that you would like to create a Distribution Group, and add few users to receive emails sent to the distribution group from internal and external.

To troubleshoot this issue, please create a new distribution group to test this issue, do not set this group as a security group. You can refer to: help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newdistributiongroup.aspx.

After creating a distribution group, select the new group, click Details, under Delivery Management, select Senders inside and outside of my organization instead of Only senders inside my organization, click Save.

Thanks,

Vivian Wang

• Thank you Vivian, that worked!