No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

OWA acceptance/confirmation emails - time incorrect

• 5 Followers
  • 10 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Hi

I am having some trouble with appointment acceptance emails. I do not have Outlook installed on my computer and just use OWA in Office 365.

My current timezone is set to Dublin - i.e. -

OWA - Options - Settings - Regional - Set to "(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London"

I received a meeting invite for 10:00am to 11:30am Irish time Wednesday 1st Aug. The meeting organizer is in Ireland also. When I accepted, the meeting was added to my calendar for the correct time.

However, the acceptance notice automatically sent to the meeting organizer by OWA was incorrect (see red text below):-

Sent: 25 July 2012 13:30
To: <organizer>
Subject: Accepted: RDE meeting
When: 01 August 2012 09:00-10:30 (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

Please advise - Looks like a DST issue but I dont see where to set this in OWA/O365

Thanks

Ian

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Ian,

I have done a test based on your description. You can find the result from the screenshot below.

It shows the exact meeting time with specific time zone you set in the mail body, whereas the time in acceptance notice will automatically change according to time zone setting on OWA.

Cheers,
    Te-Amo

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Te-Amo

Thanks for your response

The issue is that I didnt send the meeting request - I received it. The sender is in a different organization also in Ireland (same time zone as in my OWA) so I don't understand why the automated response sent when I accepted her meeting invitation displayed a time that was different.

Thanks again

Ian

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ian,

Does this issue only occur when you accept the meeting request from this meeting organizer or it occurs every time you accept the meeting request? Does this issue only occur when you accept the meeting request from same domain?

Cheers,
    Te-Amo

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Ian,

How are the things going? If the issue persists, could you please provide the detailed information required by Te-Amo for further research?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Top 25 Contributor
  • I had a case open for just this issue.  Here is what my SR was closed to:

"Hello Michael,

I tested this in my lab and it came up with the same behavior, I also consulted with my seniors and they have confirmed this to be by design.

I understand that explaining this to users may be difficult but this is something we cannot rectify. "

Losely translated = we can't fix it, live with it.

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Michael, thanks for posting

My response would have been "just because it's 'by design' doesn't mean it's right". I would never have let my software developers away with such a lame one :)

Let's see what happens.......

Ian

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Mindy

I have asked an external colleague to help me out with this. Have got him to send me an invite and have accepted. Will post result as soon as I have an update

Regards

Ian

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ian,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Cheers,

Kent Gu

• Top 100 Contributor
  • The last test I did (where I accepted an Outlook meeting request and we reviewed the automatically generated email) with a different external user (Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003) worked as expected (i.e. correct time and time zone). Interestingly in the original email acceptance the time was correct (9 am in Monrovia is 10am in Dublin) but the timezone - or DST offset - was not.

I will arrange a test with a different user and post the result.

Regards

Ian

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

After testing the issue, please feel free to post the test result here.

If you need any other assistance, post it here. We would be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Kent Gu

• Top 100 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)