No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

iPhone 4 unable to verify account information

• 1 Follower
  • 1 Reply |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am having a problem adding one of my Office 365 Exchange accounts.  This has happened since I changed the User/alias name for this account from info@ to accounts@

I am running an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 (latest version).

When I add other accounts everything works fine and the server name is automatically obtained.  However, with this account (accounts@), the server name is not obtained.  I have tried using both m.microsoft.com and the podxxxxx.microsoft.com server names, but it will still not verify.

I can log into this account on the Portal (& OWA) and it all works fine in Outlook 2007.

Please help. 

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 5
Verified Answer
  • Problem solved.

I had previously 'deleted' a user account called 'accounts@' and then I renamed an existing account called info@ to accounts@

However, the old account doesn't get deleted properly for 30 days and instead is quarantined and made available for Restore.  So I restored it, renamed it, then deleted it!!!

Although I could log into the Portal using the accounts@ address, it couldn't be autodiscovered or verified (with either iPhone or Outlook) until the old instance was properly deleted!

Hope this helps someone out there.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)