No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Send on behalf of not working.

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

We have a shared mailbox that is accessible by several people. I gave the FullAccess permissions to the users and they are able to access the mailbox. I also ran the follow command to allow the users to "Send on Behalf of":

Set-Mailbox -Identity mailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo user

However, I can't send from one of these users and I'm getting this error when sending from OWA:

You don't have the permissions required to send messages from this mailbox.

Is there a different command I'm supposed to run? I don't want to give the users the Sendas permissions as I want "Sent on Behalf of" to show in the emails the users are sending. 
  • Post Points: 50
Verified Answer
  • Hi

Please try the following steps to narrow down your issue:

1. Please try to remove this on behalf of permission and try to assign it again.

(This permission doesn’t take effective immediately, so please wait for a while.)

2. If you are an Enterprise user, you can try to create a security group, add the user to this group, set on behalf of permission to this security group.

For more information, please refer to this link:

How to create security group: onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637605.aspx

Deadline

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Andrew,
    For my understanding, you want to set on behalf of permission to other users. But you meet the error message that “You don't have the permissions required to send messages from this mailbox.”
    If this is the case, please follow the steps below to narrow down your issue:
    1. Set-Mailbox -Identity mailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo user
    Mailbox: the email address you can set as send address.
    User: The user who has this permission.
    You can refer to this link: 
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123981.aspx
    2. Please try to have a test on your Outlook Client or OWA. If this issue persists, please provide a screenshot for us for further research.
    Screenshot: 
    Save your screenshot on your computer, Use rich formatting when you post, Click the insert image button on your right side.
    Thanks, 
    Robert Li

• Top 150 Contributor
  • As I said in my original message, I already ran the command:

Set-Mailbox -Identity mailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo user

I ran it last night so I gave it plenty of time. Here are the screen shots of my test this morning:

• Not Ranked
  • Hi

Please try the following steps to narrow down your issue:

1. Please try to remove this on behalf of permission and try to assign it again.

(This permission doesn’t take effective immediately, so please wait for a while.)

2. If you are an Enterprise user, you can try to create a security group, add the user to this group, set on behalf of permission to this security group.

For more information, please refer to this link:

How to create security group: onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637605.aspx

Deadline

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Andrew,

I want to check if this issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Top 150 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)